Tritek is a concentrate of pre-emulsified highly refined, low aromatic, highly paraffinic oil. The emulsification process produces a creamy emulsion that keeps the droplets small and apart so they don't coalesce into larger ones. These smaller-sized droplets create a lighter oil that adds several valuable characteristics to this organic spray:
- It dilutes with water (including hard water) more quickly and thoroughly than conventional sprays.
- After dilution, it lasts for many hours in a spray tank without separating.
- It provides exceptional coverage and durability without the risk of phytotoxicity of heavier oils.
The primary mode of action in Tritek is suffocation and it works on eggs, larvae, nymphs and adults of many species (see below) and on most crops. The smothering oils in Tritek also work as fungicides by limiting growth of existing pathogens and preventing new spores from attaching to the plant host. This dual action is extremely useful in controlling foliar diseases like mildews and rusts.
Tritek is compatible with most fungicides and insecticides, with some exceptions. It is OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control, so it can be used in organic growing as well as conventional production. Refer to the product label for more thorough information on precautions and usage limitations.
Suggested Uses: This product may be used on tree crops, vegetables (row and field crops), greenhouse vegetables, small fruits, shade trees, shrubs, ornamentals, flower and foliage plants, Christmas trees and greenhouse ornamentals.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Aphids (Aphidoidea), Fruit Tree Rollers (Archips argyrospila), Mites, Scales (Coccoidea), Whiteflies (Aleyrodoidea), Bugs (including Apple Red Bug - Lydus menax), Powdery Mildew, Sigatoka (Mycosphaerella fijiensis), Thrips (Thysanoptera), Blackfly (Simuliidae), Greasy Spot (Mycosphaerella citri), Soot Mold (Ascomycete fungi), Pear Psylla (Cacopsylla pyricola), Mealybugs (Pseudococcidae), Beetle Larvae (Coleoptera), Leafhoppers (Cicadellidae), Leaf Miners, Loopers, Plant Bugs (Lygus lineolaris), Bollworm eggs and larvae (Pectinophora gossypiella), Rust (Pucciniales), Sawfly (Symphyta), Botrytis (Botrytis cinerea), Black Spot (Diplocarpon rosae), Leaftiers, Webworms (Hyphantria cunea), Cankerworms and Adelgids (Adelges tsugae).
Spraying Instructions: Use enough spray solution to completely penetrate the leaf canopy and cover both top and bottom of all leaves until wet without significant runoff.
- Most mature trees (except citrus) will require 20-500 gallons of spray solution per acre.
- Citrus trees may require 15-1000 gallons of spray solution per acre.
- Row crops generally require 20-100 gallons of spray solution per acre.
- Aerial applications: Apply a minimum of 20 gallons a spray solution per acre.
- Greenhouse use: Apply at the rates of 20-100 gallons of spray per acre.
For specific instructions on individual plant types, pests controlled on them and application recommendations, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the "DOCS" tab. Be sure to check with the instructions of the equipment used and with local Agricultural Extension agents to verify that the listed rates are compatible with their recommendations.
When mixing product in tank, add sufficient water to allow proper agitation. Add the proper amount of TriTek to tank. Maintain agitation until solution is used. If other pesticides are to be added, do so after TriTek has been thoroughly mixed.
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system (i.e., via chemigation).
- Do not allow people (other than applicator) or pets on treatment area during application.
- Do not enter treatment area until spray has dried.
- Do not apply during periods of drought or when plants exhibit moisture stress.
- You must determine the precise timing of treatment to fit local growth and climatic conditions.
- This product can be applied up to the day of harvest.
- Do not use in combination with or immediately before or after spraying with fungicides such as Captan, Folpet, oxythiquinox (Morestan) or any product containing sulfur.
- Do not use with any product whose label recommends the use of no oils.
Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation. A variety of factors including weather conditions (e.g., wind direction, wind speed, temperature and relative humidity) and method of application (e.g., ground, aerial and airblast) can influence pesticide drift. The applicator and grower must evaluate all factors and make appropriate adjustments when applying this product.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool, dry, locked area out of the reach of children. Keep container tightly closed in storage to prevent entry of water.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,KS,ME,MA,MO,MT,NE,ND,RI,SC,SD,VT,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Users should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. PPE immediately after using this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
Environmental Hazards: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. Apply this product only as specified on the label.
* Contains petroleum distillates.
OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control.