Tidal Organics Kelp Meal offers you several usages in one bag. Derived from kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum) that is harvested in the frigid waters off Nova Scotia in Canada, this organic and versatile product can be used as a fertilizer, soil conditioner and feed additive for animals. This finely ground kelp meal delivers at least 60 minerals or elements, 12 vitamins and essential amino acids to your plants and conditions your soil as it does so. The abundance of nutritional properties in kelp meal also enhances an animals' overall health when you add some to its feed.
- Adds in composting and soil health by adding organic matter and stimulating beneficial microorganisms.
- Rich in potassium, nitrogen and salt.
- Gentle release of nutrients that's easy on plants.
- Contains Cytokine, a hormone that stimulates a plant to move nutrients up into its leaves to increase their chlorophyll content. With this strong chlorophyll production you will see quick growth of full, healthy plants.
- Helps with water retention in the soil.
- Improves the benefits of standard animal feed mixes.
- Enhances the texture and sheen in animal coats.
- Contains no waste by-products or harmful chemicals.
- Sustainably harvested.
Kelp has a centuries-long track record as a top-notch fertilizer; it's nearly impossible to go wrong when you choose it.
Suggested Uses: For use as a soil conditioner/fertilizer in organic and conventional growing. Also used as an organic livestock feed ingredient to provide additional minerals and vitamins to animals.
Use as a Soil Conditioner: Can be used as a potting soil medium or mixed directly into soil.
- House Plants – Use 1 teaspoon twice a month.
- Transplanting Container Plants – Mix 1 tablespoon per gallon of soil/soil mix.
- New Plantings – Spread 1 cup per 100 sq. ft. when preparing beds. Till down to 6-12" and thoroughly water. Let sit overnight before planting.
- Established Plants – Side dress 1 cup per 100 sq. ft. Carefully work into soil and around plants. Thoroughly water the area.
- Trees – Use ½ lb. per inch diameter of the tree trunk. Broadcast around the drip line area of the tree.
- Lawns – Evenly spread 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. of lawn. Spread with a 2-wheel spreader or broadcast by hand.
Use as a Feed Additive: If not already in your feed, add 2% Kelp Meal to grain (40 lbs./ton of grain). Either pre-mix or place on grain by hand. If a mineral or vitamin deficiency is known, feed up to 5%. Start young animals at 1%.
- Horses – For general feeding, add 1½ oz. of Kelp Meal to their food daily. For studs, feed between 1½-2 oz. daily. Brood mares should receive 1-2 oz. daily and should be hand-fed, if possible.
- Dogs – Feed 1 teaspoon per day with their food.
- Cats – Feed ¼ teaspoon per day.
Environment: Can be used on crops grown outdoors, in orchards, vineyards, greenhouses, grow rooms, container plants, houseplants, aquaponics and hydroponics.
Storage: Keep dry until use.
Warning & Toxicities: Can affect people with fish allergies. No toxicity known.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
8.00%..........Crude Fiber, max.
2.00%..........Potassium (K), min.
6.00%..........Salt (NaCl), max.
0.08%..........Iodine (I), max.
400 ppm.....Iodine (I), min.
USDA Organic/NOP compliant
OMRI listed under Crop Fertilizers and Soil Amendments
OMRI listed under Livestock Feed Ingredients