- Shipping Info
A native of France, Little Finger Carrots provide full gourmet flavor and satisfying crunch in a mega-sweet little carrot. These carrots will produce plentiful 3-3½" vibrantly orange roots that have very small cores, smooth skins and blunt ends. These roots have been known to grow a bit longer, but you will appreciate them best when picked young and small. These delicate carrots may struggle under heavy soils, so work your soil and plan accordingly. Alternatively, the small stature of these carrots makes them an excellent choice for containers or raised beds. High in vitamins A & B as well as phosphorous and calcium, these beauties are as nutritious as they are irresistible and, with a little thinning and care, your family can enjoy them for many months of the year.
Days To Maturity: 50-70
- Carrots must be direct sown.
- For an early crop, sow seeds in spring as soon as soil can be worked. Choose a location that's well-drained with light, sandy or humus type soil and that gets 6-8 hours of full sun.
- Mix the amount of seeds to be sown with a bit of sand to facilitate even sowing.
- Firm ½" fine soil over seeds, keep moist until seedlings appear.
- Carrots can take 14-21 days to germinate. Soak seeds overnight in water to speed germination.
- When seedlings are 1½ " high, thin to 1-2".
- Water weekly in dry weather.
- Make successive sowings every 3-5 weeks, depending on the rate of carrot usage.
What's In The Package: Approximately 500 seeds per packet.