- Shipping Info
If sweet dill is what you're after, this is the one for you – it is the sweetest of all dills. This plants high essential oil content gives the heavy sea blue-green foliage a delightful and sweetly aromatic fragrance. The delicious leaves will have a full yet mellow taste without ever turning bitter. These plants are prolific producers of lush, large leaves and you will find that this particular dill will hold its leaves longer than other varieties. These hardy plants should grow to be about 48" and prosper in full sun. Harvest leaves before the plant flowers to enjoy it as an herb. If you let the plant mature, you will then have the mature seeds as a spice. As an added benefit to letting the plant mature, they will attract beneficial insects like ladybugs and bees to help you with your pest insects and pollination in your garden.
Days To Maturity: 40-60
Outdoor Sowing Recommended.
- Early in spring, sow seed directly in garden site on soil surface.
- For a spring crop, sow seeds in the fall.
- Germination takes 7-10 days at temperatures between 50-75°F.
- Thin to stand 6-12" apart in sun. Use thinnings in soups, sauces and salads.
- For pickling spice, pick flower umbrals while seeds are still plump and green for best flavor.
What's In The Package: Approximately 100 seeds per packet.