Tanglefoot Tangle-Trap Sticky Coating is a ready-to-use organic brush-on adhesive for use on sticky traps to capture and monitor flying and crawling insects. Once sticky traps are full of insects or dirt, they are no longer useful. But when you have this OMRI listed adhesive, you can simply clean them off and re-coat them. It is also ideal for coating new traps, whether they're made commercially or as a DIY project. Once you have coated your trap, tie it up or attach it to a stake in your garden, greenhouse, yard, orchard or field. Suspending traps in the air will help to avoid accidental contact with children or pets. For best results, observe carefully and experiment lavishly until you find the perfect combination of location and trap type for your pest control needs.
- Tanglefoot Tangle-Trap Sticky Coating is clear and odorless, so it will not interfere with any color attractants or lures you may choose to use.
- You can make your own traps by using almost any non-porous material such as old plastic plates, waxed cardboard, wood, plastic cups, or milk cartons.
- The brush applicator of this particular adhesive makes it a breeze to apply to any traps with a contoured surface.
Use to capture flying insects (whitefly, aphids, fungus gnats, leafminers, flies, thrips, apple maggot flies) or crawling insects (ants, beetles and others) without using harmful pesticides.
Shop All Tanglefoot Products here.
Traps can be made with waxed cardboard, glass, wood, plastic cups or sheets, milk cartons, red sphere traps or other non-porous surfaces. Attractants or color can be used to lure insects. Tangle-Trap can also be applied to pre-made traps as added adhesive.
- For ease of application, use at temperatures above 60°F (16°C).
- Using brush applicator wand, stir adhesive before use. A paintbrush can be used instead of the brush applicator wand, if so desired.
- Apply a thin (1/16" or 1.6 mm) coating to trap surface.
- Place traps in desired location attached to stakes or suspended, away from children and pets, to avoid accidental contact.
- Clean tools with mineral spirits, waterless cleaner or baby oil.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Household Use, Interiorscapes, Container Plants, Houseplants
Storage: Store in cool dry place, inaccessible to children and pets. Keep tightly closed in original container. Do not reuse container.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children. Contains petroleum distillates. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Use in well ventilated area. If contact is made with eyes, flush thoroughly with water. If irritation persists, obtain medical attention. For skin contact, wash with mineral spirits or cooking oil, then soap and water.
Shelf Life: Indefinite
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
- Polybutenes, molecular weight greater than 2500
- Castor oil, hydrogenated
- Naptha (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy