2 Versions Provide Maximum Versatility & Effectiveness
Victor Mole & Gopher Repellent is a poison-free repellent that uses the active ingredient of Castor Oil as its driving force. When the oil soaks into the ground, it will contaminate the food sources (earthworms and grubs) of burrowing pests. If the animals ingest it, they will experience digestive distress and just coming into contact with it can cause topical itching. All of this is enough for the diggers to relocate elsewhere. Each of the two versions of this repellent is equally effective and both are safe to use around people and pets, which means you can make your choice based on simple personal preference.
- Castor Oil is combined with Fuller's Earth (a claylike substance) to form a granules that are easily dispersible throughout the affected area.
- Re-sealable bag makes for easy storage.
- 4 lb. bag treats 4,000 sq. ft.
- Contains 100% Castor Oil.
- Convenient ready-to-use bottle attaches directly to hose for instant application.
- 32 oz. bottle treats 10,000 sq. ft.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Burrowing animals including Armadillos, Gophers, Moles and Voles.
The presence of moles may be indicated by a network of surface ridges or by a series of conical mounds of earth pushed up from deep burrows. Treat all areas which show signs of moles' presence. Apply this product immediately after the presence of moles is detected or in early Spring, mid-Summer and early Fall if there are moles nearby but not on your property.
Application Directions - Liquid:
- Ensure sprayer knob is turned to OFF position and attach garden hose tightly to self-dispensing container.
- Turn water supply on to full pressure.
- Bend plastic tab on sprayer back and turn knob clockwise to ON position.
- Spray this product over mole-infested area at a rate of 1 qt/10,000 sq ft (e.g., a 100 x 100 ft rectangle).
- Continue to spray with water to soak this product into the soil.
- To stop spraying, turn knob to OFF position.
- Turn off water and disconnect sprayer from hose.
Application Directions - Granular:
For best results, protect the good lawn (area not yet invaded by moles) and slowly direct the moles away from that area. Spread the granules in stages; if you treat all at once the moles may tunnel wildly in any direction to avoid the product. Once the active mole area is located, decide which direction to herd them. HINT: Punch holes in mole tunnels at 5 ft intervals and shake a small amount of granules directly into tunnel and close the hole.
Each day's watering has allowed granules to penetrate more deeply, but your lawn layout may require additional daily applications to fully get rid of the moles.
- DAY ONE - Spread granules over the first area. WATER-IN (as a sprinkle for approximately 20 minutes).
- DAY TWO - Spread granules over the second area. WATER-IN the same area as day 1, PLUS the second area to get the mole moving.
- DAY THREE - Spread granules over the third area. WATER-IN the same area as days 1 & 2, PLUS the third area to keep the mole moving.
- DAY FOUR - Spread granules over the fourth area. WATER-IN the same area as days 1, 2 & 3, PLUS the fourth area to move the mole out.
Storage: Store only in original container, in a dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Do not reuse empty container. Discard empty container in trash.
Cannot Be Shipped To: ME,MT,NM
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: LIQUID - 100% Castor Oil. GRANULAR - Castor Oil (10%)
Other Ingredients: Fuller's Earth & Lecithins (90%)