No one wants ticks on their people or pets, especially nowadays with tick-borne diseases on the rise. But there hasn't been a simple way to remove them without getting your hands way-too-close until now. Tick-Take Tick Removal Tool is an ingenious little gadget that allows you to remove ticks at any level of engorgement quickly, cleanly and safely. This tool looks a lot like a measuring spoon, but the bowl on its end has a slot in it. When slid underneath the tick at skin level, the notch will grab the tick and detach it with one continuous sliding motion.
- Bowl-shaped end will contain the tick after it's been removed and can also be used for scooping up any crawling ticks you come across.
- No-contact removal reduces the risk of tick-borne diseases.
- Small, lightweight design with a hole at the end of the handle allows you to easily attach it to your keys, backpack or whatever and take it along with you whenever you're enjoying the outdoors.
- Easy to disinfect (recommended after every use) and store for future uses.
- Convenient 3-pk gives you one for your home, one for the car and one to take with you.
- Illustrated instructions are available under the DOCS tab.
Shop All Summit Products here.
HOW TO USE:
- Approach the tick from the side, front or back until it is aligned evenly with the notch in the spoon.
- Once the tick is positioned in notch, press just slightly down on the skin and with one continuous motion slide the tool smoothly in the direction of the tick until it detaches.
- When the tick is fully detached and contained in scoop, carefully dispose of it by dropping it in some rubbing alcohol. Or save it for testing.
- After removal of the tick, clean the wound thoroughly with alcohol or similar disinfectant, or with soap and clean water.
- Clean the Tick-Take with alcohol after each use.
Please refer to the instructions under the DOCS for illustrations of the above steps.