This organic biological fungicide uses Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain F727 to deliver several modes of action in the fight against fungal and bacterial pathogens. Stargus is effective against a long list of foliar and soil-borne plant diseases, including some of the most persistent and hard to control like Downy Mildew, Botrytis, Fusarium and White Mold. This innovative product uses the Bacillus rhizobacterium to colonize root and plant surfaces, which prohibits the pathogens from accessing the plant. It also has protective effect by inducing a systemic resistance and acquired resistance response within the plant and a curative effect by inhibiting mycelial growth and sporulation of the fungus on the leaf surface.
- Can be used in multiple application methods in field, greenhouse, or nursery settings
- Can be used alone or in rotation to enhance performance
- Increases marketable yield due to a reduction in both disease occurrence and severity
- Provides support that is affordable, sustainable, safe, and easy to use
- No tip burning and no phytotoxicity observed
- O-day PHI (Pre-Harvest Interval) and 4-hr REI (Restricted Entry Interval)
- Residue-free, MRL-exempt
Can be used on Apples, Artichokes, Bedding Plants, Berries (and small fruit), Cereal Grains, Citrus Fruit, Forage & Fodder, Grapes, Grass Seed, Flowering Plants, Hay, Hemp, Herbs & Spices, Hops, Kiwi, Legumes, Mints, Nongrass Animal Feeds, Oilseed, Ornamental Grasses & Plants, Peanuts, Pome Fruits, Quinoa, Stone Fruits, Strawberries, Sugarcane, Trees, Tree Nuts, Tropical & Subtropical Fruit (Edible & Inedible Peels), Turfgrass, Vegetables (Brassica, Bulb, Cucurbit, Fruiting, Leafy, Stalk, Stem) and more.
Shop All Marrone Bio Innovations Products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
Aerial Web Blight, Alternaria spp, Almond Scab, Angular Leaf Spot, Anthracnose (multiple), Apple Scab, Ascochyta Blight, Bacterial Blight/Leaf Streak/Rot, Bacterial Pustule, Black mold, Black Rot, Black Shank, Black Spot, Blossom Blight, Blue Mold, Boll Rot, Bot Rot, Botryosphaeria Blight, Botrytis, Botrytis Blight, Brown/Hull Rot, Brown Rot Fruit Rot, Cercospora Blight, Cersospora Leaf Spot, Cladosporium spp., Colletotrichum spp., Corn Grey Leaf Spot, Dollar Spot, Downy Mildew, Early Bight of Celery, Early Leaf Spot, Fire Blight (suppression only), Flyspeck, Frog-eyed Leaf Spot, Fruit Rot, Glomerella tucumanensis, Gummy Stem Blight, Hemp Canker, Hemp Leaf Spot, Kernel Smut, Late Leaf Spot, Mummy Berry, Onion Downy Mildew, Phomopsis spp., Phytophthora spp., Pink Rot Complex, Postbloom Fruit Drop, Powdery Mildew, Pythium spp., Red Rot, Red Thread, Rhizoctonia spp., Scab, Sclerotinia spp., Shot Hole, Smut, Stem Canker, Sorghum Downy Mildew, Southern Leaf Blight, Twig Blight, Venturia spp., Walnut Botryosphaeria, Xanthomonas spp., Yellow leaf spot (Septoria cannabis)(Septoria cannabina) and more.
Can be applied in foliar (aerial or ground) applications, with backpack/handheld sprayers, in chemigation, as a pre-plant dip and as a soil treatment. Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for detailed instructions for each of these applications.
- Stargus is an aqueous suspension. Use 50-mesh nozzle screens or larger.
- Use higher water volumes with larger sized crops and extensive foliage to secure thorough coverage.
STARGUS ALONE –
- Add ½ of the required amount of water to the mix tank. With the agitator running, add Stargus to the mix tank.
- Continue agitation while adding the remainder of the water.
- Begin application of the solution after Stargus has completely dispersed into the mix water.
- Maintain agitation until all the mixture has been applied.
STARGUS + TANK MIXTURES –
- Add ½ - ¾ of the required amount of water to the mix tank.
- Start the agitation before adding any tank-mix partners. In general, tank-mix partners should be added in this order: wettable powders, dry flowable formulations, liquid flowable formulations, and emulsifiable formulations such as Stargus. Always allow each tank-mix partner to become completely dispersed before adding the next component.
- Maintain continuous agitation until all components have been dispersed and throughout the application process.
- After all components are completely dispersed add the remainder of the water.
- Stargus cannot be mixed with another product with a prohibition against mixing.
- Use of the tank-mix must be in accordance with the more restrictive label limitations and precautions.
- Do not pre-mix STARGUS BIOFUNGICIDE with any other tank-mix component prior to adding to the spray tank.
Stargus is compatible with many commonly used pesticides, fertilizers, adjuvants, and surfactants, but has not been evaluated with all potential combinations. To ensure compatibility of the tank mix combinations, evaluate prior to use as directed on the manufacturer's label.
GENERAL RECOMMENDED USE RATE –
- When applied alone or as an alternate spray: 1 - 4 quarts per 100 gals of water (0.25 - 1.0% v/v dilution)
- When tank-mixed with another fungicide, the use rate is 0.5 - 4 quarts in 100 gals of water.
Use higher water volumes with larger sized crops and extensive foliage in order to secure thorough coverage.
- For greenhouse applications: 1 - 4 quarts per 100 gals of water sprayed until just before point of runoff.
- When tank-mixed with another fungicide, the use rate is 0.5 - 4 quarts in 100 gals of water
- Repeat at 7 to 10-day intervals as needed.
|Foliar Application - ground ||0.5-4 qts in 10-100 gals water/ acre Increase water volume as plant size increases|
|Foliar Application - aerial ||Apply product in 3-10 gals water/acre|
|Backpack/Handheld Sprayer ||1-3 fl oz/1,000 sq ft applied at 1-2½ gals water/1,000 sq ft. Or at a dilution of ½-2½ fl oz/gal water|
|Chemigation - drip & soil drench ||2-4 qts/acre|
|Chemigation - sprinkler ||1-4 qts/acre|
|Pre-Plant Dip ||1-4 qts/100 gals|
|Soil Drench ||2-4 qts/acre|
|In-Furrow ||2-4 qt/acre|
(2-8 fl oz/1,000 ft row)
|Banded Soil Drench ||2-4 qts/acre|
This product may be used to control certain diseases of container, bench, flat, plug, bed, or field-grown ornamentals in greenhouses, shade-houses, outdoor nurseries, retail nurseries, and other landscape areas.
For terrestrial uses: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high-water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate.
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool, dry place. Avoid freezing.
Limit 2 cases per order online due to shipping weight. For larger quantities, please call 800-827-2847.
Warning & Toxicities:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS CAUTION: Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain F727* cells and spent fermentation media ............ 96.4%
Other ingredients: .......................................................................................................... 3.6%
Total ........................................................................................................................... 100.0%
*Contains a minimum of 1 X 109 cfu/ml of product