This specially formulated all-purpose potting soil is exceptional for potting, transplanting, and soil conditioning. Soil Mender Potting Mix 109's rich blend of minerals and organic matter provides your container and/or raised bed plantings with everything they need to thrive.
- Can be used on container plants and in raised bed gardening.
- No need to add anything more when you are planting or transplanting.
- This mix of ingredients will feed plants and develop a balanced soil structure.
- The coir in this formula allows for excellent drainage and supports water retention.
- Establishes and nourishes healthy root systems.
Soil Mender Potting Mix 109 contains coir, perlite, pine bark fines, compost, worm castings, pecan shell, lava sand, granite sand, basalt sand, rock phosphate, humate, greensand and montmorillonite.
Shop all Soil Mender Products here.
- Select a new container at least two sizes larger than the original one. Make sure it has drainage holes. Fill the container partially with Soil Mender Potting Mix 109.
- To carefully remove the plant from its container, gently tap the side of the container to loosen the soil. Turn the container on its side and slide the plant out, holding the root ball together.
- Place the plant into the new container. Fill the remainder of the container with Soil Mender Potting Mix 109, leaving at least one half inch of space between the surface level of the mix and top lip of the container. Be sure the plant is not planted too deep in the new mix. Water well to settle the soil. Add more mix if needed.
- Prepare a hole that is 1/3 larger than the soil ball of the plant. Partially fill the hole with Soil Mender Potting Mix 109 and native soil, so the plant will be level with the ground.
- If the plant is in a container, carefully remove the plant from the container. Place the plant in the hole and begin filling the rest of the hole with potting mix and native soil. Add water around the plant as you fill the hole to prevent air pockets. After the soil settles, add more Soil Mender Potting Mix 109 as needed.
***Shipping products SKU 1442599 & SKU 1442601 requires a freight shipping quote and special equipment for delivery. Please call to order.
Shipping Restrictions: UPS Ground Only
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Coir, perlite, pine bark fines, compost, worm castings, pecan shell, lava sand, granite sand, basalt sand, rock phosphate, humate, greensand and montmorillonite