This highly effective miticide is made from food-grade Geraniol, Peppermint, Cottonseed and Rosemary oils. What sets SMITE apart is how it's made: the oils are naturally grown and carefully harvested and then cold-pressed for extraction to preserve their purity; no heat or chemical solvents are used. This pure oil is then micronized and amplified in a patented process that offers superior spreadability over the treated area, deeper penetration into pest pores and faster absorption for quick control.
- Kills spider mite eggs and adults on contact by suffocation
- Works as a preventative control by disrupting the reproductive cycle in any mites that the spray may have missed. SMITE causes infertility, eggs that don't hatch and mites that will never grow to adults.
- Can be used all crops and in all stages of growth - from seed to flower to harvest.
- Under warm conditions, SMITE will naturally degrade with little or no residue.
- Due to its mechanical mode of action (suffocation), mites cannot become immune to SMITE.
- Can be sprayed up to and past harvest. However, adequate amount of time for drying should be allotted before making extracts and/or consuming.
- Made to be easily applied as a foliar spray.
A little goes a long way with this exceptional and highly concentrated pesticide - the 2 oz. size makes 2 gallons of ready to use product!
Suggested Uses: For use as a foliar spray to control spider mite infestations on crops, lawns and ornamentals.
Application Rate: 1.0 fl. oz. (29.6 mL) per 1 gal. of water applied every 5-7 days during spider mite infestations. 3.0 fl. oz. of concentrate should treat 1,000 sq. ft. Apply every 10-14 days as a prevention treatment.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Effective on all spider mite (Tetranychidae) species.
SHAKE OR MIX THOROUGHLY. For use only as a foliar spray. For best results, apply during early morning or after peak sunlight and before sundown. Plants may be sensitive to this product. Always test a small area on a plant before making a broad application.
- Do not use in direct sunlight or intense artificial lighting.
- Spray directly on infested foliage. Apply until all foliage is evenly covered.
- Apply to infested area every 5-7 days until infestation is controlled.
- Apply every 10-14 days to prevent mildew outbreaks.
Environment: Can be used on any crop, lawn, ornamental or turf in various fields such as forestry, horticulture, lawn care and organic farming. For terrestrial uses only. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Store in a cool, dry area under lock and key. Post as a pesticide storage area. Always store pesticides in the original container. Store away from food, pet food, feed, seed, fertilizers and veterinary supplies. Place liquid formulations on lower shelves and dry formulations above.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Other Ingredients: Water, Canola Oil, Polyoxyethylene lauryl ether