R.S.S.I. Microbial Soil Inoculant has been specifically formulated to enhance nutrient uptake in ornamentals, vegetables, herbs and forest tree seedlings grown in greenhouses, nurseries and outdoors. It contains the naturally occurring microbes Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22 and Trichoderma virens strain G-41. The addition of these microbes to any growing medium boosts beneficial microbial life in the root zone and encourages root growth. This increased activity around developing roots will promote availability, cycling and uptake of nutrients, resulting in healthier and more vigorous plants.
R.S.S.I comes in two easy-to-use formulations: a wettable powder and a granular. Either formulation is top-notch; choose your variety by what fits best for your unique needs. The wettable powder is meant to be applied as a drench using any available method including pump sprayer, hydraulic sprayer, injector, boom system, backpack sprayer or watering can. The granular sprayer is designed to be added to a soil media and applied via a soil blender or a broadcast application. For more information on specifics, please refer to the manufacturer's labels under the "DOCS" tab for complete application instructions.
- Reduce the need for fungicides.
- Decrease fertilizer use in the treated crop.
- Maintain natural microbial activity in your growing medium.
- Reduce effects of plant stress factors.
For use on ornamentals (bedding plants, perennials, foliage plants and woody ornamentals), vegetables (fruiting and root crops), herbs and forest tree seedlings grown in greenhouses, nurseries and outdoors.
Shop all BioWorks products here
Both formulations may be applied alone or with fertilizers, secondary plant nutrients, other soil amendments and/or pesticides. However, if mixed with water soluble fertilizers in a stock concentration, use within 4 hours. Constant agitation is required to keep R.S.S.I. in suspension.
Granules – For best results, thoroughly incorporate into planting mixes, soil or planting beds at or near the time of planting. Reapply every 10-12 weeks.
Wettable Powder –
- Mix into potting mixes or soil at a rate of 1.0–1.5 lbs. per cubic yard. Smaller volumes = 3–4.5 tablespoons per cubic foot.
- For planting beds, apply 1–1.5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. using a granular broadcast applicator and rake or till into the bed.
Constant agitation is required to keep the product in suspension.
- Mix at a rate of 4–8 oz. per 100 gals. (or 1/2–1 teaspoon per 1 gallon) of water with constant agitation and apply as a soil drench to soil or planting mixes. Use sufficient drench volume to thoroughly wet the medium.
- For seed flats or shallow (up to 4" depth) beds or pots, apply at a rate of 50–100 gallons per 800 square feet.
- For deeper beds or pots, apply at a rate of 100 gallons per 400 square feet or at the rate of 1/2–1 cup (4–8 fl. oz.) per 6 inch pot.
- When using R.S.S.I. through an injector, set the ratio at 1:100.
Storage: Store under refrigeration for longest shelf life. Short periods at temperatures not exceeding 75°F will not affect performance. Keep container tightly closed when not in use.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AR,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,MD,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NM,NC,ND,OK,SD,TX,UT,WY
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Avoid breathing wettable powder dust.
- Granules – 14 months Frozen, 12 months Refrigerated, 6 months at 70-75°F, <2 months above 75°F
- Wettable Powder – 12 months Frozen, 10 months Refrigerated, 4 months at 70-75°F, <1 month above 75°F
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22..........1 x 107 cfu/g
Trichoderma virens......................................1 x 107 cfu/g
Microbial Soil Inoculant...............................1.92%
Total Other Ingredients...............................98.08%