Developed By Growers, For Growers
Many pest and plant disease issues begin around the roots of plants - in the root zone (or rhizosphere). Plants with weak and set-upon roots cannot thrive and are targets for pest insects as well as fungal and mold pathogens. Root Cleaner has been developed to get down in there and clean up the rhizosphere microbiome. It works by disrupting the feeding and reproduction of insects and causes fungi and algae to dehydrate and die – without harming the plant. As pests and pathogens are eliminated in the soil, healthy roots are able to develop and from healthy roots you will get vibrant plants with a vigorous yield.
Benefits of Root Cleaner:
- Can be used in soil, soilless and coco media through all growing phases (seed to harvest).
- Kills Fungus Gnats (adults and larvae), Thrips and Root Aphids.
- Effective for control and prevention of Pythium and Rhizoctonia.
- Minimizes root knots and egg hatching.
- Made with commercial grade ingredients.
It is recommended to use Root Cleaner with its sister product – Green Cleaner
. Green Cleaner works on the foliage as Root Cleaner works the soil.
Suggested Uses: For use on all plants grown in soil or soilless media to kill pest and pathogens in the root zone.
- Root Drench – 1 oz. per gallon of water applied every 3-4 days.
- Weekly Maintenance – 0.5 oz. per gallon of water applied every 7 days.
- Flush – 1 oz. per gallon of water.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Use to stop, eliminate and control Thrips (Thysanoptera), Fungus Gnats (Sciaridae) and their larvae, Root Aphids (Rhopalosiphum rufiabdominale), Plant Parasitic Nematodes (Mult. Spp.), Pythium, Rhizoctonia and more.
Shake well before diluting and again after adding to water. Test on one or two plants at the lower application rate (0.5–1 oz./gal) before using on your entire crop. Let soil/media dry well between waterings.
How To Apply:
Hydroponics Use Instructions:
- Prevention & Maintenance – In general, applications for prevention and maintenance should be done on a 30-45 day schedule. However, environmental conditions (temperatures, rainfall amounts) and insect pressure can affect this schedule. Reapply after heavy rains.
- Drenches – Apply into the plant's root zone and irrigate so that the material moves throughout the zone where the pests are located. To treat an active problem, apply twice within 7-10 days to ensure you break the egg cycle. For best results, use the drench and soak method.
- Post-Application Rinse – To revive your soil/media to its natural state, rinse 15 minutes after application. Pour water into the media and flush thoroughly to rinse all the dead pests and pathogens away from your media. Reapply nutrients or beneficials after flushing is complete.
- If you can remove plants from the system –
- Remove plant and place in a 5 gallon bucket.
- Pour solution over the top of the root system down and drain into the bucket.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with water and return plant to system.
- Apply 2-5 times every 2-3 days as needed, depending on infestation.
- You may reuse the solution in the bucket, simply strain unwanted pests and set aside. Keep out of sun and away from extreme heat.
- If you cannot remove plant from the system –
- Pour solution over the top of the root system down and let it drain into the system.
- Use on each individual plant, pouring over top of root system.
- Apply 2-5 times every 2-3 days as needed, depending upon infestation.
- Make sure to flush system appropriately after use. Root Cleaner should not be left in a reservoir.
Application Precautions: Do not use with other products. Root Cleaner is harmful to nematodes. While this is desirous when dealing with plant-parasitic nematodes, it can be a problem if you use beneficial nematodes. It is best to refrain from using beneficial nematodes when applying Root Cleaner or apply them alternately. Additionally, if you use beneficial microbes, you will need to re-inoculate after each Root Cleaner use. Do not leave in hydroponic reservoirs.
Environment: Can be used in indoor and outdoor growing, gardening, farming, wineries, landscaping, horticulture, hydroponics and many other capacities.
Storage: Store only in original container in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Do not reuse empty container.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AR,DC,IL,IN,KS,MS,NM,SC,SD,TN,WV,WI
What's In The Package:
- 8 oz. makes 8-16 gallons.
- 32 oz. makes 32-64 gallons.
- 1 gallon makes 128-256 gallons.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children and animals. Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. If in eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If on skin, wash with plenty of soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
18%..........Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Inert Ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid