Also known as Colloidal Phosphate, Rock Phosphate adds essential nutrients to your soil to maximize growth potential in all types of flowering plants. This premium grade, OMRI listed organic powder provides phosphate for:
- Lasting plant productivity.
- Big, boisterous blooms.
- Strong root growth.
- Enhanced fruit production.
- First-rate seed development.
It also adds calcium to deficient soils, which helps keeps the chemical balance, reduces soil salinity, improves access to water and boosts cell strength.
Apply this product to soil before you plant and feel free to add it to your compost or manure to multiple your soil building benefits. Use on bulbs, shrubs, vegetables, trees and any fruiting plant.
Suggested Uses: Use as a soil amendment to add a natural source of Phosphate (P2O5) and Calcium (Ca) to bulbs, vegetable gardens, flower beds, container plants, trees and shrubs.
- Add 1 tbsp. per hole for average size bulbs, more for larger varieties. Mix thoroughly into soil and water in well.
Vegetable Gardens & Glower Beds –
- To prepare new gardens, apply 2½-5 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add ¼ cup per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress ¼-½ cup in fall or early spring to promote fruiting and flowering during the growing season.
- For new plantings, add ¼ cup per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5-20 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface every other month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs –
- Spread 1 lb. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil surface and water in well.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,AR,CT,DE,DC,FL,GA,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,ME,MD,MA,MN,MS,NC,ND,OH,OK,PR,RI,SC,SD,TN,UT,VT,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
Derived from Soft Sock Phosphate.
OMRI listed under Crop Fertilizers and Soil Amendments.