Effective Biofungicide for Control of Root-Born Disease Throughout the Growing Season! Healthy Starts Means Better Harvests!
OMRI listed PreFence contains mycelium and spores from a naturally occurring bacterial strain derived from Sphagnum peat. This bacterium encapsulates disease spores and stops them from spreading devastating plant diseases such as Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Pythium and Phytophthora. Use preventively for best results in soil or soilless media.
Benefits of PreFence Biofungicide:
- Controls damping off, wilt and root diseases. Ideal for propagation.
- Increases efficacy of disease control programs with RootShield PLUS.
- OMRI listed for use in organic production.
- 4-hour REI, 0-day PHI
- Compatible with biological and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs.
- Will not interfere with or harm beneficial insects or nematodes.
stimulates the plant's natural defense mechanisms to fight disease and promotes strong, healthy growth in the process. It is highly recommended to use PreFence
in conjunction with RootShield Plus
as their synergistic effects provide maximum disease control benefit.
Suggested Use: Can be used as a seed treatment, soil amendment and in soil, drench and drip applications for the control and suppression of fungal and other diseases in a wide-range of plants, trees, crops and fungi. For control of Fusarium, apply PreFence every 4 weeks through the growing season.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Fusarium, Altenaria, Phomopsis, Botrytis Gray Mold, Rot diseases, Wilt diseases, Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia, Early Blight (Altenaria solani), Septoria and Dry Bubble (Lecanicillium fungicola).
To make a suspension of PreFence, mix in a small volume of water (such as 0.25-1.0 gallon) and let stand for approximately 30 minutes. Agitate as needed to evenly disperse PreFence before diluting to final volume. Do not tank mix PreFence with any pesticides or with concentrated fertilizers.
Hydroponic Applications: Treat at a ratio of 2 g/1,000 sq. ft. 2-3 days before transplanting into the hydro system. Apply PreFence every 4-6 weeks after transplanting at a rate of 5 mg per plant for preventive maintenance. If pathogen pressures are high, begin treatment 1-2 weeks after transplanting.
Seed Treatment –
- If applying to a recirculating system, calculate the quantity needed for the number of plants. Mix that amount of PreFence into your primary reservoir tank. Reduce the volume of water in the system to the minimum possible and deliver PreFence constantly for at least 8 hours to allow it to establish in the root zone. Bring water levels back to normal after this 8 hour period.
Can be applied as a treatment to vegetable, herb, tobacco*, cotton*, corn, peanut*, wheat, sorghum, ornamentals, legumes, trees and conifer seeds.
- May be dry mixed with seed in a planter box or other suitable mixing container. Fill the planter box or container half full of seed, add half the required amount of PreFence and thoroughly mix with a stick or paddle. Add remainder of seed and PreFence and thoroughly mix.
- To mix in a small container such as a jar, add the required amount of PreFence and seeds, shake until the seeds become coated with powder, then pour into planter box.
- It's best to sow treated seeds right away. If that is not possible, keep seeds cool and dry and sow within a week.
- Do not treat damp/wet seeds. Do not treat Dusty Miller (Jacobaea maritima) or melons.
has also proven effective when used as a 0.01%-0.1% by weight seed soak where soaking seeds for 5-15 minutes immediately prior to planting is practical. Because many ornamentals and vegetables have not been treated using a seed soak, first check emergence on a small quantity of seeds.
Incorporation Into Potting Media – Apply in a concentrate spray to the growing media when the media is being mechanically blended, or rake in by hand in beds.
Transplant Dip or Cutting Dip –
- To ensure best performance, it is important that PreFence is evenly incorporated into media.
- Use potting mix/PreFence mixture within 2 days of mixing. Do not store mixed media above 85°F.
- Follow-up with a drench or spray application of PreFence within 2-6 weeks.
Soil Spray or Drench Application –
- Apply by dipping roots of transplants or cuttings (including bare root seedlings) in a suspension shortly before planting.
- Use a suspension of 0.01%-0.1% by weight. Use the higher rate for high disease pressure.
Can be applied to bedding plants, foliage plants, flowering plants, cotton*, tobacco*, legumes, trees, conifers, forest seedlings, wood ornamentals, vegetable transplants or vegetables grown for production. Examples of vegetable crops include cabbage, cucumbers, melons, peppers, tomatoes and more. Examples of ornamental crops include carnations, gerberas, African violets, cyclamens, geraniums, pine and others.
Band or In-Furrow Application –
- Soil Spray/Drench: Uniformly apply PreFence over the area to be treated. For example, use 0.176 oz/1.3 gal/400 sq. ft. Follow with normal irrigation or sufficient water (1/8-1/4") within 6 hours to move PreFence into the plant root zone.
- Small Seedling Production: Uniformly apply over the area to be treated.
Repeat spray or drench application every 2-6 weeks or as needed for disease control. Use the higher rate and more frequent application for high disease pressure and for larger plants.
Apply shortly before or at the time of planting in 0.5-1 pints of water/treated sq. ft.
Side-Dress Application –
- For banded applications: A 7" band is recommended. Lightly incorporate into the top 2-3" of soil.
- For in-furrow applications: Apply at the same rates as above. Spray all the soil that surrounds and covers the seed.
Turf Application –
- Apply in 0.5-1 pint of water/treated 100 sq. ft. to the plant bed.
- Direct spray to base of plant and root zone.
- Repeat treatment every 2-4 weeks or as needed.
- Apply PreFence in 1-3 pints of water/100 sq. ft.
- Repeat treatment every 4-6 weeks or as needed depending on disease pressure.
*Not for use in CA
For further information on applications for specific diseases, dry irrigation/chemigation applications and public water source usage, please refer to the complete manufacturer's label under "DOCS" on the product page.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. PreFence consists of living microbes that are packed in moisture- and air-proof unit packages. Store in a cool (below 40°F), dry place. Use all contents in packet the same day. Store only under the following conditions for optimal shelf life/viability:
- Frozen (below 32°F) – 12+ month shelf life (unopened)
- Refrigerated (below 40°F) – 6 month shelf life
- Room temperature (70-75°F) – 14 day shelf life
- Outdoors (above 75°F) – Not recommended. Store refrigerated.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,DC,IA,ID,IL,KS,KY,MD,MS,ND,NE,NH,SD
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children. Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Harmful if inhaled. Avoid breathing dust or spray mist. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
Environmental Hazards: For terrestrial uses only. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high-water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
35.00%..........Streptomyces sp. Strain K61*
* Contains a minimum of 106 cfu (colony forming units) per 1 gram of product.
OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control