NemAttack Beads Steinernema feltiae Beneficial Nematodes are live microscopic organisms (non-segmented round worms) that occur naturally in soil throughout the world. The beneficial nematodes we sell are parasitic to insect pests that typically have a developing (larval or pupal) stage of life in the soil. They have been known to parasitize above ground stages of adults, nymphs and larvae. They will not harm mammals, aquatic life, birds, reptiles or amphibians. After being applied to the soil, the nematodes locate pests and enter through various body openings or directly through the body wall. Once inside, the nematodes produce bacteria that is injected into the pest's blood.
Beneficial Nematodes release the bacteria in order to create food and a hospitable environment for their own reproduction. As the food resources within the dead pest become scarce, the nematodes exit and immediately begin searching for a new host. As long as there is a suitable host, they will continue to survive and parasitize.
How Are Encapsulated Nematodes Different?
Through an innovative and proprietary method, NemAttack Beads hold live beneficial nematodes in a shelf stable dissolvable medium. The beads do not need to be refrigerated and can be stored for multiple applications. They can be easily applied (see INSTRUCTIONS tab) to help control a variety of pests in the soil. Ideal for smaller applications and plants in containers or grow bags.
How Much Do I Need?
Order enough to treat all your plants. Amounts and application recommendations are approximate and can vary based on pest, infestation level and environment.
||≈25 Plant Applications
||≈50 Plant Applications
||≈100 Plant Applications
||≈200 Plant Applications
Shop all ARBICO Organics products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Beet Armyworm, Black Cutworm, Cabbage Maggot, Codling Moth, Corn Earworm, Crane Flies, Cucumber Beetle, Fruit Flies (Drasophylla), Fungus Gnats (Bradysia impatiens), Onion Maggots, Raspberry Crown Borer, Root Maggots, Sciarids, Shore Flies, Sweet Potato Weevil, Thrips (Franklinothrips sp), Tobacco Cutworm
- Disperse NemAttack Beads directly on the top of the soil to be treated. Do not pre-mix with water.
- Apply water to beads and soil to release Beneficial Nematodes. DO NOT OVERWATER. NOT ALL BEADS WILL BE DISSOLVED in the first watering.
- Continue to water the plants (and beads) over the next 3 days to keep the soil moist. Beneficial Nematodes need moist soil for maximum movement in the soil.
- Repeat every 10-14 days as needed to control or prevent infestation.
- 1.0-1.5 tsp per 5 gallon container.
- Quantities and application recommendations are approximate. Specific pest or infested soil should use the heaviest application rates and multiple applications.
When Should They Be Applied?
- Apply when soil temperatures are above 42°F.
- Apply early in the morning or predusk when temperatures are cooler and the sun is not so bright.
It is best to make at least two applications, separated by 10-14 days to stagger the life cycles of the nematodes and ensure complete coverage. In cases of severe infestations, applications should be made every 7-10 days or until infestation subsides.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Pond & Environment, Household Use, Interiorscapes, Container Plants, Houseplants
Storage: Store at or below room temperature in original container. Keep out of direct sunlight. Do not mix with other ingredients.
|Important Shipping Note:|
- All sizes ship free via 2nd Day Air methods. For Overnight shipping, there is a flat $10 upcharge.
- Nematodes may be shipped with an ice pack as needed seasonally. It will be melted by the time you receive your package. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REFRIGERATE THE BEAD NEMATODES.
|When Will My Order Ship?|
- Orders ship Monday – Thursday and may take 2 days to process.
- Orders placed Thursday morning or later ship the following Monday.
- If you would like the nematodes to ship on a specific date, please specify in the "Special Instructions or Comments" box at checkout.
Warranty: ARBICO Organics guarantees live delivery of product. ARBICO Organics makes no guarantee of effectiveness due to disparities during application. Please call within 24 hours of receipt with any questions or concerns.
Cannot Be Shipped To:
Alaska requires ship quote. Call for information.
Hawaii: Not allowed for sale into the state of Hawaii.