Supercharge Your Root Zone & Optimize Plant Growth With Down To Earth's Neem Seed Meal!
A native of India, the fast-growing and sustainable Neem tree (Azadirachta indica) has been sought out for thousands of years for its many beneficial properties. Neem Oil and Azadiractin are two well-known products derived from the seeds of the tree and Neem Seed Meal (also known as Neem Cake) is another. This OMRI listed Neem Seed Meal is produced by cold-pressing the seeds after the oil has been removed.
Benefits of Premium Neem Seed Meal:
- Provides a long-release source of macro- and micronutrients.
- Feeds microbial life, nurturing a healthy root system.
- Increases organic matter in the soil, improving soil texture and stimulating sustainable growth.
- Protects plant roots from soil-borne pests including grubs, root knot nematodes and root aphids.
Down To Earth Neem Seed Meal can be used on short or long season crops, but is not recommended for indoor plants due to its odor. This fertilizer can be mixed into soils or soilless media, applied as a top dress around established plants or steeped (compost tea) to make a liquid solution.
Suggested Uses: For use as a soil additive/fertilizer to enrich garden and agricultural soils and optimize plant growth.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds –
- New Garden Prep – Apply 2.5-5 lbs per 10 sq. ft. and thorooughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- New Transplants – Add 1-2 tbsp. per transplant hole. Mix into soil and water in well.
- Established Plants – Side dress 1/2-1 cup depending on the size of the plant(s). Reapply once a month during the growing season.
Container Plants –
- New Plantings – Add 1/8-1/4 cup per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly or add 5-20 lbs per cubic yard.
- Established Plants – Lightly mix 2-4 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs –
- Spread 1-2 lbs. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil surface and water in well.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Liquid Preparations –
- Add 2-4 tbsps. per gallon of water and let steep up to 48 hours, agitating periodically.
- Apply the solution directly to the soil around plants or filter and apply as a foliar spray.
- Be sure to use all of the solution once it has been prepared.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,AR,CT,GA,IN,IA,KS,MS,NH,ND,OH,OK,PR,RI,SC,SD,UT,VT,VA,WV,WI,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
- 6.0% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
OMRI listed under Crop Fertilizers and Soil Amendments.
CDFA registered organic input material.