Natural Guard Horticultural Oil is a potent tool for fighting insects year-round. Made with a whopping 96% Canola Oil, this product is effective against insects, mites, scale, powdery mildew, and much more. You can apply this easy-to-use spray in both the dormant and growing seasons.
- Kills all stages of insect life, including eggs.
- Works by smothering the insects.
- One quart of Ready-To-Spray (RTS) will cover 1,296 square feet and make 12 gallons of spray.
For Use on: Vegetables (beans, cabbage, corn, cucurbits, melons, peas, potatoes, soybeans, tomatoes), fruits & nuts (apples, cherries, citrus, figs, grapes, pears, nuts, raspberries, strawberries), ornamental & shade trees (birch, evergreens, holly, oak), houseplants and flowering, foliage & bedding plants.
Shop all Fertilome products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
Adelgids, Aphids, Leafhoppers, Mealybugs, Scale, Psyllids, immature Plant Bugs, Sawfly larvae, Whiteflies and Powdery Mildew.
Shake well before use. Thoroughly wet all parts of the plant and/or visible insects. Repeat treatment in 1-2 weeks if needed.
Powdery Mildew Control:
For control of powdery mildew on fruits, vegetables, roses, shrubs and ornamentals: Thoroughly apply to both upper and lower leaf surfaces. Continue every 7- 14 days as needed until disease is eliminated.
Directions for Dormant Use:
Controls egg stages of pests present in dormant season and scale insects, mites and mealybugs on dormant shrubs (such as roses), evergreens, woody plants, fruit trees and shade trees. For dormant use apply a 2% formulation, mix 4 teaspoons of concentrate with 1 quart water (or 2 fluid ounces concentrate with 3 quarts water). Thoroughly wet the dormant plants or trees.
Apply at a rate of 2% formulation.
FOR 2% FORMULATION –
- Mix 4 teaspoons of concentrate with 1 quart water (or 2 fluid oz. concentrate with 3 quarts water).
- Shake well before each use and stir or shake diluted spray frequently during use.
- Using hand-held trigger sprayers, hand sprayers or backpack sprayers, thoroughly spray insect pests with diluted product until plants are wet.
- Repeat treatment in 1-2 weeks if needed.
- Apply one quart of formulation for 3 square yards.
Ready to Spray (RTS) Application:
- Shake well before use.
- Securely Connect sprayer to garden hose.
- Be sure that ON/OFF Switch is in OFF position, toward hose end of sprayer.
- Turn on water at faucet.
- For first time use, remove plastic shipping lock from beneath switch.
- Extend hose to farthest area to be treated, point sprayer nozzle in direction to be sprayed.
- Begin spraying - Push ON/OFF Switch forward into ON position.
- Walk at a steady pace while spraying, using an even sweeping motion, and slightly overlap treated areas. Work back toward faucet to avoid walking over wet, treated area.
- To stop spraying, push ON/OFF Switch to OFF position.
- Turn off water at faucet.
- Relieve water pressure in hose by turning ON/OFF Switch back to ON position until water slows to a drip, then return ON/OFF switch to OFF position.
- Disconnect sprayer from hose.
- Do not use when temperatures are above 90°F. When temperatures drop below 32°F during the night, do not spray tree and vine crops until daytime temperatures have warmed to a point above 35°F and crops are free from moisture due to melting frost or heavy dews.
- Use on citrus after October 1 is capable of increasing the tree's susceptibility to cold damage.
- Oil removes the glaucous (blue) bloom from such evergreens as Colorado blue spruce and Koster spruce. Use caution on blooms and buds and on oil sensitive plants.
- Do not combine with sulfur and do not follow a previous application of sulfur or apply sulfur following an application of this material until sufficient time has elapsed for safety (at least 30 days).
- When used in combination with or immediately before or after spraying, this product may increase the phytotoxicity of dinitro compounds, or fungicides such as Captan, Folpet, Karathene and Morestan, or copper compounds.
Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for more information.
To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems.
Storage: Store this product in its original container and keep in a secure storage area out of reach of children and domestic animals.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,HI
Warning & Toxicities:
CAUTION: Avoid contact with skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
CONCENTRATE & READY TO SPRAY (RTS) INGREDIENTS –
Active Ingredient: (by weight)
This product contains 7.368 lbs. of active ingredient per gallon.