BioWorks Mycotrol ESO offers the same superior quality as its counterpart, Mycotrol WPO, but in a liquid emulsifiable suspension formula. The BioWorks Mycotrol products have the highest spore concentration in a Beauveria bassiana-containing insecticide, giving you exceptional insect control that exceeds or equals any that you will see from a chemical insecticide.
The fungal spores attack the host insect through its cuticle, or skin. They adhere themselves to the cuticle and then begin producing an enzyme that breaks it down, allowing them to penetrate into the insect's body and killing it. The dying insect will change color to pink or brown and its body cavity will fill with a white fungal mass. You will know Mycotrol is working when you see the color change in the insects; seeing the white fungal growth is not necessary as the insect is already dead when this appears. You can use this product with most beneficial insects; it will not harm them. With the wide range of crops and sites that this product can be used on, and the fact that it is effective in all stages of an insect's life span, you will find Mycotrol ESO to be convenient and cost effective. This product can be used up to the day of harvest and has a 4-hour REI (Restricted Entry Interval), which is just about the length of time for the product to dry on a plant.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Alfalfa Weevil (Hypera postica Gyllenhal), Aphids (Mult), Bean Jassid (Empoasca fabae), Bean Leaf Beetle (Cerotoma trifurcata), Beet Leafhopper (Circulifer tenellus), Black Vine Weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus), Cabbage Looper (Trichoplusia ni), Cabbage Worm (Pieris rapae), California Laurel Aphid (Euthoracaphis umbellulariae), Cane Borer (Mult), Chinch Bug (3 different species within the Lygaeidae family), Colorado Potato Beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata), Corn Borer (aka European Corn Borer) (Ostrinia nubilalis), Corn Borer (aka Southwestern Corn Borer) (Diatraea grandiosella), Cucumber Beetle (Spotted) (Diabrotica undecimpunctata howardi), Cucumber Beetle (Striped) (Acalymma vittatum), Diamondback Moth (Plutella xylostella), European Chafer (Rhizotrogus majalis), European Corn Borer (aka Corn Borer) (Ostrinia nubilalis), Flea Beetle (Chaetocnema confines), Grape Leafhopper (Erythroneura elegantula, Empoasca sp), Grasshoppers (Gryllus), Greenhouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum), Grubs (Mult), Harlequin Bugs (Murgantia histrionica), June Bugs (Phyllophaga sp.), Lace Bugs (Corythucha sp), Leafhopper (Circulifer tenellus), Mealybug (Pseudococcus sp), Mole Crickets (Scapteriscus sp), Pecan weevil (Pecan weevil), Potato Leafhopper (Empoasca fabae), Psyllids (Mult), Root Weevil (Otiorhynchus sp.), Silverleaf Whitefly (Bemisia sp), Strawberry Root Weevil (Otiorhynchus ovatus), Sweet Potato Whitefly (Bemisia tabaci), Tarnished Plant Bug (Lygus lineolaris), Thrips (Franklinothrips sp), Weevils (Mult), White Grubs (Cyclocephala sp.)
- Shake well before using.
- Mix well by external mixing, in-tank mixing, or pump circulation to form an emulsion.
- Apply using hand-held, ground, aerial spray equipment or other low volume application equipment.
- Applications should not be made at a height greater than 10 feet above the top of the largest plants unless a greater height is required for aircraft safety. Making applications at the lowest height that is safe reduces exposure of droplets to evaporation and wind.
- Spray to wet, but avoid run-off.
- Begin treatment of crops at the first appearance of the insect pest. Mycotrol ESO is most effective when used early, before high insect populations develop.
- May be applied up to the day of harvest.
- Keep unprotected persons out of the treated areas until sprays have dried.
- Typically, it takes 7-10 days after the first spray to see control. Application rates, frequency, spray coverage and insect numbers impact the speed at which acceptable control is achieved.
- Apply at 7-day intervals to keep your crop clean and prevent sudden infestations. If you are applying after insects have become a problem, reduce the interval to 3-5 days. To regain control, make at least 3 applications and use a quick knockdown insecticide in addition to the Mycotrol ESO.
For more detailed instructions, please see the Product Label
Shipping Restrictions: Cannot ship via USPS.
Warning & Toxicities: Do not apply Mycotrol ESO to tomato crops. Use Mycotrol WPO instead.
Active Ingredients: Beauveria bassiana Strain GHA...............11.3%