Easy-to-use, no-mix, no-mess Bonide Mosquito Beater WSP provides a highly selective larvicide, Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis (or Bti), that kills developing mosquitoes in areas of standing water. Bti is fatal to mosquito larvae when they ingest it (thus preventing them from growing into biting adults), but will not harm fish, amphibians or other aquatic organisms. Simply drop the pouches in those areas where you know or suspect that mosquitoes are breeding. The pouches will dissolve in minutes and release the Bti-coated granules into the water; as the granules dissolve they will spread the Bti across the water. Bonide Mosquito Beater WSP can be used in a wide range of sites and is effective even in stagnant, polluted or algae-covered water. Your treatment should last 7-14 days in areas where conditions are ripe for mosquito breeding. In areas where there are healthy numbers of mosquito larvae present, your mosquito control may last much longer.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Kills developing Mosquitoes.
These water soluble pouches are made to be placed directly on the surface of the water to be treated. Within a few minutes, the pouches will dissolve and release the granules coated with Bti. These granules will, in turn, slowly release the larvicide as they dissolve.
Can be applied to any water site except:
- New York State waters
- Treated, finished water reservoirs or drinking water receptacles when the water is intended for human consumption.
Repeat application every 7-14 days as needed.
Environment: All types of containerized standing water sites, irrigation or drainage ditches, tidal water, pastures, woodland and snow melt pools, salt marshes, water gardens, roof gutters, unused swimming pools or spas, bird baths, tree holes, flower pots, old tires and any other location where water can collect and remain for extended periods of time to form a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Each 0.2 oz. pouch will treat up to 50 sq. ft. of water surface (an area approximately 7' x 7').
- Use the 0.2/50 sq. ft. rate in clear water, against low larval infestations or young larvae (from egg hatch to mid-third instar).
- Use 0.4 oz. per 50 sq. ft. rate in polluted water and/or when algae are prevalent, when larval populations are high, or for larger larvae (late third instar to early fourth instar).
- Pouches can be broken down for treating smaller areas as follow:
- 1 - 12½ sq. ft. = ¼ of a pouch
- 12½ - 25 sq. ft. = ½ of a pouch
- 25 - 37½ sq. ft. = ¾ of a pouch
Please see label for more complete application rates.
Storage: Store and transport in an upright position. Store only in original container, in a dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
Warning & Toxicities: Do not apply to treated, finished drinking water reservoirs or drinking water receptacles when the water is intended for human consumption. Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with skin or clothing. Avoid breathing spray mist. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
Bacillus thuringiensis sub. israelensis .....1.7%
Other Inert Ingredients ..................... 98.3%