Monterey Horticultural Oil contains mineral oil and functions as an insecticide, fungicide and miticide. It is effective on soft-bodied insects on a wide range of plants and trees.
As an insecticide and miticide, horticultural oil covers the insect and causes suffocation. This mode of action is effective on the egg, larval and nymph stages. Total coverage of the pest must be made for the oil to be effective.
As a fungicide, this product will work in two ways: It will reduce the population of vector insects like psyllids and leafhoppers, and it will interfere with the fungal pathogens ability to attach plant surfaces.
- Can be used year-round, in both the dormant and growing seasons.
- 0-day Pre-harvest Interval (PHI)
- Use on ornamentals, roses and other flowers, houseplants, vegetables, citrus, small fruits and tree fruits and nuts.
- For use only in home fruit and vegetable gardens, home greenhouses, interior plantscapes and ornamental gardens.
Monterey Horticultural Oil can be used to control mite and insect pests in the egg stage, including spider mites, eriophyid mites, armored scale, soft scale, mealybugs, psyllids, whiteflies, aphids, leafrollers, leaftiers, webworms, cankerworms, plant bugs, leafhoppers and adelgids. This product will kill other immature forms if spray covers the insect.
Shop all Monterey products here
- All horticultural oils interfere with or slow plant transpiration and respiration during periods of evaporation.
- Do not apply during periods of drought or when plants exhibit moisture stress.
- Do not apply during freezing temperatures or when temperatures are above 90°F.
TIMING THE TREATMENT:
- The best times to spray are early in the morning and early evening.
- Completely cover the target pest and plant with spray solution.
- Certain plants may be sensitive to oil.
- A small number of plants should be test sprayed prior to general spraying.
- Use caution on open blooms - bleaching and spotting have been observed on the open bloom of certain plants.
- May be used up to the day of harvest.
You must determine the precise timing to fit local growth and climatic conditions. This product can be applied up to day of harvest. (0-day PHI)
MIXING DIRECTIONS - PUMP-UP OR TRIGGR SPRAYER:
Fill the sprayer half full with water, add the appropriate rate of this product and continue filling the sprayer. Spray formulation should be mixed well and often.
HOW TO USE THE READY-TO-SPRAY (RTS):
Connect: Shake well before using, connect sprayer to hose and turn on water.
SPRAY: Before spraying, point nozzle in the direction you want to spray. Bend small plastic tab back and turn knob clockwise to ON position. Begin spraying.
FINISH: To stop spraying, turn knob counter-clockwise to OFF position. Turn off water .Relieve water pressure by bending plastic tab back and turning knob to ON position until water slows to a drip. Then turn knob back to OFF position. Disconnect sprayer from hose.
Refer to the product label for crop specific rates and application instructions.
Environment: Hazards: Do not apply directly to water. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Keep container tightly closed in storage to prevent entry of contaminants. Store in cool, dry, locked area out of reach of children. Do not store this product in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. This product should be stored in its original container only.
Cannot Be Shipped To: ND,WY
Quart RTU cannot be shipped to:AR,DC,DE,ID,IN,LA,MA,ND,NE,NH,OK,RI,SD,WV,WY
Shipping Restrictions: Liquids ship via Ground transport only.
Warning & Toxicities: Wear long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes, and socks. Do not spray plants suffering from drought (moisture stress), Do not apply during periods of prolonged high temperature combined with high relative humidity Do not use this product with dimethoate, herbicides or fungicides such as Captan, Folpet, Dyrene, Karathene, Morestan or any product containing sulfur. Do not use with Sevin 50W formulation (carbaryl) on deciduous fruit trees. Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet, either directly or through drift. Keep people and pets out of the area during application. Do not allow people or pets to enter the treated area until sprays have dried
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
*Unsulfonated Residue of Paraffinic Oil. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 92.0% Min