MontanaGrow Silicon Granules began more than 30 million years ago, when ash from ancient volcanoes was compressed into amorphous volcanic tuff. This tuff is a unique source of silicon that becomes available to plants once it is added to soil. These chunky organic granules provide macro and micro nutrients and can improve soil texture, all of which will give you stronger, healthier plants with bountiful yields.
Key Plant Benefits:
- Improved cell wall strength and photosynthesis
- Greater tolerance to high and low temperatures
- Improved moisture holding capacity
- Increased disease resistance
- Better tolerance to drought, flood, salt and high UV conditions
- Readily available and balanced nutrition - contains potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium & manganese
- Improved carbon sequestration and ability to regulate the uptake of heavy metals
- Moderate pH
- High cation exchange capacity
- No shelf life and does not polymerize
Suggested Uses: Use as a soil amendment to provide nutrition, improve root systems, condition the soil and improve overall plant health.
- Mix 0.5-1 cup per 7.5 gallons of growing medium or 4 -8 oz. per cubic foot of growing medium.
- Use 100 - 200 lbs. per acre.
- Top dress plants with 2 tbsp. every 7 - 14 days as needed.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not inhale dust.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: 72% Silicon Dioxide derived from Volcanic Tuff mined minerals
Inert Ingredients: 28%
OMRI listed under Crop Fertilizers and Soil Amendments