Ships Monday-Thursday. Ships via Overnight methods. See Shipping Info for more information.
These Small, Predatory Beetles Feed On All Mealybug Species As Well As Aphids & Soft Scale!
Cryptolaemus montrouzieri are effective predators for use as a biological control of mealybugs and other soft scale. These fast-feeding, highly mobile ladybird beetles actively seek out mealybugs, consuming upwards of 250 mealybugs in a lifetime. Both larvae and adults are predatory and reduce the need for sprays; thereby, making them versatile tools in integrated pest management and resistance management programs.
Appearance: Cryptolaemus montrouzieri is a small dark brown ladybug with an orange head. Females lay up to 500 eggs during their lifespan. The larvae are up to 13mm long and are white with a wax like covering (similar to mealybugs). The pupae are found in sheltered places; stems, underside of leaves, greenhouse structures.
Preferred Food: The adults and larvae feed on all stages of the mealybugs. These mealybug predators are most effective in severe infestations where food sources are readily available. Young Cryptolaemus larvae prefer mealybug eggs and smaller stages of the mealybug. When no mealybugs are available, they will feed on aphids, immature life stages of scale, mites, thrips, whitefly, and other soft bodied insects.
Optimal Conditions: Cryptolaemus work best in temperatures between 64 – 81° F and relative humidity of 70% or greater. They are ideally suited for greenhouses releases.
- 5 per infested plant
- 250 - 2,000 per acre.
- First release should be in early spring.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Multiple species of Mealybug (Planococcus citri, Pseudococcus sp.) including the Vine Mealybug (Planococcus ficus).
- Do not be alarmed if they are sluggish when you first open the box. The beetles will revive within 20 minutes when exposed to fresh air and indirect light.
- Release Cryptolaemus montrouzieri in the evening or early morning. Avoid releasing in bright sunlight or artificial light.
- Light stimulates Cryptolaemus to fly away.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Pond & Environment, Interiorscapes, Container Plants
- Do not store longer than 1 day.
- If not releasing immediately, keep in a place 61°–81° and out of direct sunlight.
- Do not refrigerate Cryptolaemus. Refrigeration will harm viability.
Viability Note: If you plan to check for viability, please do so upon receipt and prior to releasing the beneficial insects. Many predators and parasites are small and can be difficult to spot once released. If you believe there are issues with viability, please contact us at 1-800-827-2847 or email@example.com.
When Will My Order Ship?
- Ships Monday-Thursday via Overnight methods.
- Orders will be shipped the next available shipping date after processing.
- Order processing can take 24-48 hours.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI,PR,VI,GU,AS,PW
What's In The Package: Adult Cryptolaemus montrouzieri ladybird beetles.
Shelf Life: Use within 18 hours of receipt.
Write a review
Death to Mealy Bugs!
Jul 6, 2020 | By Bobby
Healthy and active!
Jun 7, 2020 | By Laurie
Surprisingly efficient in closed rooms!
May 7, 2020 | By Vladimir Kelman
Very effective mealybug destroyers
Apr 17, 2020 | By Michelle McLenithan
Jan 21, 2020 | By Sherri Blake
Nov 3, 2019 | By Tyler Davis Laudenslager
Oct 3, 2019 | By Cecelia
Feb 6, 2018 | By Kathryn Kendall
Owner Response: Glad to hear it Kathryn! Thank you for your input!