This foliar-spray insecticide/miticide/fungicide uses potassium salts of naturally derived fatty acids (also known as insecticidal soap) to provide contact control of soft-bodied insects, mites, and powdery mildew. This organic product can be used to target pests on a wide range of crops grown organically or conventionally in fields, greenhouses, or interiorscapes. M-Pede works in all life stages of mites, aphids and whiteflies – with other listed insect pests, the effects are limited to early growth stages and eggs. Works as a curative control for powdery mildew.
- 1 gallon of M-Pede weights 8.50 lb at 68°F and contains 4.16 lb active ingredient per gallon (498 g ai/L)
- Contact mode of action makes this a great choice as a resistance management tool
- Exempt from tolerances
- 12-hour Restricted Entry Interval (REI) and 0-day Pre-harvest Interval (PHI)
- Worker Safety Friendly
- Can be used on vegetables, grapes and other small fruits, tree fruits, tree nuts, cotton, tobacco, shrubs, shade and ornamental trees, turf, foliage and flowering plants and more.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
Use as a foliar spray to control or suppress soft bodied pests which include: Adelgids, Aphids (Aphididae), Caterpillars (Lepidoptera), Earwigs (Dermaptera), Lacebugs (Tingidae), Leafhoppers, Leafminers, Mealybugs, Mole Crickets (Neoscapteriscus sp.), Plant Bugs, Psyllids (Hemiptera: Psylloidea), Sawfly Larvae (Hymenoptera), Scale, Spider Mites (Tetranychidae), Tent Caterpillars, Thrips (Thysanoptera), Whiteflies (Aleyrodoidea), Gypsy Moths (Lymantria dispar) and Chinch Bugs (Blissidae). M-Pede is most effective on Mites, Aphids and Whiteflies. Effects on other pests are limited to early growth stages and eggs. This product also provides curative control of powdery mildew.
Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for complete usage instructions, including crop and pest specific applications as well as guidelines for sensitive plants.
Always determine the compatibility of water, pesticides and other tank additives with this product prior to addition to the spray tank. Determine compatibility by conducting a jar test using proportional quantities of each material.
- Use freshly mixed spray made with soft water. If water has high mineral content (hardness >300 ppm or 17.5 grains/gallon), check for compatibility as described above. If needed, add an approved compatibility agent to the tank prior to the addition of this product. PRECAUTION: Do not lower the pH of the final spray mixture below 8.0.
- A defoaming agent may be needed for use in sprayers equipped with an agitator.
- This product is compatible with other labeled pesticides, including spinosad and Bt based insecticides.
- When using this product in a tank mix, read and follow all product labels. It is the pesticide user's responsibility to ensure that all products are registered for the intended use. Read and follow the applicable restrictions and limitations and directions for use on all product labels involved in tank mixing. Users must follow the most restrictive directions for use and precautionary statements of each product in the tank mixture.
- Unless otherwise noted, do not tank mix this product with adjuvants such as penetrators, spreader stickers or activators, gibberellic acid, calcium nitrate, or diatomaceous earth, foliar nutrients, alkaline based chelating agents (such as EDTA), Aluminum tris, chlorothalonil and pesticides containing sulfur or metallic ions (such as manganese, magnesium, iron, zinc, etc.) as they may be physically incompatible and/or phytotoxic.
RESTRICTION: Do not mix M-Pede with Carzol® insecticide (EPA Reg No. 10163-265) as they are not physically compatible.
PRECAUTIONS: Do not mix M-Pede with sulfur. Do not use within 3 days of a sulfur application.
TIMING OF APPLICATION –
- Initiate applications as soon as pest is observed, or as needed to avoid economic injury. Repeat applications at one-week intervals, or as needed, to control infesting or increasing pest populations.
PRECAUTION: Do not make repeat applications at less than 7-day intervals, or make more than 3 sequential applications at 7- to 14-day intervals unless your experience has shown the use pattern to be non-injurious to the type and the development stage of plant(s) to be treated under local growing conditions.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES –
- This product may be applied with most types of ground or aerial spray equipment.
RESTRICTIONS: Do not use with pulse or thermal fogger applicators. Do not apply through any type of irrigation and hydroponic systems.
- This product must come into contact with the targeted soft-bodied pests or powdery mildew to be effective. Complete coverage of pests is essential for maximum control. Direct sprays to contact the pests. In general, adequate coverage requires a minimum of 50 gallons of total spray volume per acre. Higher volumes may be required on larger perennial crops.
- Apply M-Pede solutions to wet (minimize run-off) to decrease the potential for injury on foliage, fruit and flowers of sensitive plants.
- Apply promptly after mixing with other pesticides to avoid or reduce alkaline hydrolysis of certain pesticides.
- Avoid applications when wind conditions impair thorough coverage.
PRECAUTION: Do not apply to new seedlings and transplants without determining sensitivity (phytotoxicity).
For more detailed information (including crop specific) on application rates, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
STAND ALONE RATE –
M-Pede rates as low as 0.25% v/v or as high as 4% v/v may be used. The 2% v/v rate is the most frequently used stand-alone rate.
- Rates are provided as a % volume/volume (v/v) solution. A 2% solution is prepared by adding 2 gallons of M-Pede to 98 gallons of spray water.
- The activity of this product is directly related to the solution concentration and to contact with the pest, not the amount of product applied per acre.
TANK MIX RATE –
To achieve pest control, use a 1 to 2% v/v solution of this product in combination with a specified product.
Do not contaminate water, feed or foodstuff by storage or disposal. Store only in original container, in a dry place, inaccessible to children and domestic animals. Keep container tightly sealed when not in use.
Warning & Toxicities:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury and skin irritation. Do not get in eyes, on skin or clothing. Wear goggles or face shield. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: (% by weight)
Potassium salts of fatty acids..........................49.0%