The LaMotte Garden Soil Test Kit is an easy-to-use set of tests for garden soil analysis. It contains tests to quickly determine pH, nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in your soil. It comes with diagrammed instructions (the Garden Guide Manual), laminated color charts, and enough material for 30 pH tests and 15 each for nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. The kit includes all test solutions, test tubes, pipettes, 2 measuring spoons, and a test tube brush to clean up afterwards.
A study of Soil Science and the LaMotte Soil Handbook will help you interpret your test results and give fertilizer and pH recommendations. Charts have a range of pH 4.0-8.0. The NPK range shows Low-High. All this comes in a handy plastic carrying case.
See their Garden Guide Manual for more information.
See Garden Guide Manual for more information - Printable PDF file.
The Garden Guide Manual provides:
1. Instructions on the proper collection and preparation of soil samples
2. Essential information for interpretation of test results
3. Lime and fertilizer recommendations
4. A soil test record form.
For lawns, annuals or house plants. Take a soil sample from 2-3 inches below the surface. For perennials, sample should be from 4 inches deep.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Interiorscapes, Container Plants, Houseplants
Refill Kit Contents:
- pH Indicator (EL & EM) – 120 ml
- Nitrogen Extracting Solution – 120 ml
- Nitrogen Indicator Solution – 10 gm
- Phosphorous Extracting Solution – 120 ml
- Phosphorous Test Tablets – bag of 30
- Phosphorus Indicator Reagent – 15 ml
- Potassium Extracting Solution – 120 ml
- Potassium Test Solution – 15 ml
- Potassium Indicator Tablets – bag of 30
What's In The Package: Model 5679-01
Shelf Life: NA
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Nitrogen Extracting Solution (Hydrochloric Acid), pH Indicator Solution, Potassium Extracting Solution (Acetic Acid), Potassium Extracting Solution (Sodium Acetate), Phosphorous Extracting Solution (Acetic Acid), Phosphorous Extracting Solution (Sodium Acetate)
Write a review
Jan 20, 2021 | By Jimmie ballard
Owner Response: Thank you for the feedback Jimmie. Customer Service has been notified of your issue. We have updated the DOCS tab on the product page to include the Testing Guide and Instructions. We have sent you a direct email with these links as well.
Mar 31, 2020 | By Fran Lovelace