This unique product works in the root zone to collect water molecules from humidity in the soil and converts them into water droplets that plants are able to readily use. The proprietary water management technology in Hydretain is fueled by food grade hygroscopic humectant compounds and enhanced by a naturally derived soil surfactant. Hydretain will optimize the use of water and minimize drought stress and stronger, healthier plants. In this granular formulation, an organic compost carrier is added to provide seamless application when using any standard spreader equipment.
- Use on/in lawns, trees, shrubs, fruits, vegetables, flowers, potted plants and hanging baskets.
- Can be added to soil when planting or applied topically after planting.
- Used by professionals in landscaping, greenhouse growing, large-scale farming and on golf courses and sports fields.
- Not a plant food.
- Reduces costs associated with water use.
- Excellent for use in transplant establishment and seed germination.
- Helps to maintain the proper soil moisture level for optimal effectiveness of fertilizers and pest control products.
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly organic compost carrier.
3 lbs. covers 1,000 sq. ft., 15 lbs. covers approx. 6,000 sq. ft.
Suggested Uses: Use as a soil amendment or top dress to maximize the effective use of water to conserve water and alleviate drought-related stress in plants.
Hydretain Granular OC can be applied at any point in a growing cycle. However, if applied at the time of seeding, planting, sodding or transplanting, it will aid in plant establishment. Water-in thoroughly as soon possible (but within 5 days). Product must completely penetrate and saturate the root zone in order to become functional.
- For optimum plant protection, apply preventatively (prior to plant stress).
- When re-watering treated plants, water thoroughly.
- Reapply every 3 months or as needed. If a reduction in watering or aesthetic improvement is not obvious within 2 weeks of application, reapply.
- The efficacy of Hydretain Granular OC will be improved if used with a fertilization program.
- Make sure to adjust your irrigation timer or watering schedule once product has been applied.
Lawns – Apply to established turf or at the time of seeding or sod installation at a rate of 2.5-3 lbs/1,000 sq. ft. Reapply every 3 months or as needed. For greater effectiveness or for exceptionally difficult dry spots, reapply every 6 weeks at ½ rate, after the initial full rate application.
Large Planters & Gardens – Apply 1 lb/100 sq. ft. of planter bed. Spread topically for existing beds. For new plantings, mix into soil prior to planting or spread topically after planting.
Shrubs, Individual Plants, Potted or Container Plants – Apply 1 lb/cubic foot of planting media either topically or mixed into planting media at time of planting.
Small Pots & Hanging Plants – Per pot rates by pot size.
- 3": ½ tbsp.
- 4": 1 tbsp.
- 5": 1.5 tbsp.
- 6": 2 tbsp.
- 8": 4 tbsp.
- 10": 6 tbsp.
- 12": 8 tbsp.
- 14": 12 tbsp.
Apply 1.5-2 lbs/ caliper inch. Apply evenly from the base of the tree just past the drip line for existing trees. May be mixed with the planting media for transplanting trees or applied topically after planting and then watered in.
Cannot Be Shipped To: IL,MN,OK,OR
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
- 12.5% Humectants (sugar alcohols, polysaccharides and neutral salts of alpha-hydroxypropionic acid)
- 3.75% Non-Ionic Surfactant
- 75% Organic Compost
- 8.75% Water (moisture content)