The Hot Frog Essential Living Composter is a cleverly designed, hardworking composter that will turn your kitchen bits and pieces into nutrient-rich worm castings in a few short weeks. From these castings, you can make a nutrient-rich compost tea fertilizer by simply mixing one part tea to one part water. You can order just the Hot Frog Essential Living Composter and get your own worms, or let us send some worms your way with your Hot Frog. You can add 1, 000 or 2,000 worms to your order and have all you need to get started on your vermiculture journey.
- Water Retention Channels - These channels run around the outside of each tray and hold moisture in to keep bedding from drying out along the edges.
- Angled Tunnels - 52 angled tunnels extend from the base of each tray directly into the bedding of the tray below. This makes it easy for your worms to move between trays.
- Molded Aeration Points - An array of support points are molded right into the lower edge of the trays. These points raise the trays just a bit to allow airflow all across the bedding. Efficient aeration is important for high quality compost.
- Double Wall Insulation - Both the lid and base have double walls for insulation and interior temperature control.
- Bottom Spigot - An easy-to-access spigot on the bottom for quick, no-mess draining.
All of the above design components come together to make a durable worm bin that takes scraps to castings in an efficient and timely manner with little to no odor.
- Dimensions: 15" x 15" x 22"
- All parts are made of BPA-free, UV-inhibited recycled polyethylene that will keep its looks and not degrade if left outside in direct sunlight.
- Each tray holds approximately 3 gallons.
- Comes with one brick of coconut coir and shredded paper to use as bedding.
Please Note:The Hot Frog Essential Living Composter is not compatible with the Hot Frog Classic Living Composter.
There is some simple assembly required. The illustrated instructions have easy to follow diagrams. All you will need is a screwdriver.
Before you set up your Hot Frog, you should have food (kitchen/household scraps) ready for the worms. Suitable worm food includes: most fruit and vegetables, cereals, grains, organic products, cardboard and tea bags. Not suitable worm food includes meat, dairy products, bones, oils, salty foods, grass clippings, citrus & inorganic products in general.
When in doubt as to what to use, you should refer to the many useful books and websites for tips and guidelines.
Ships Free via Ground in Contiguous US only. No expedited options available. Cannot ship to PO Boxes.
Shipping Restrictions: Free Ground Only. No PO Boxes.
What's In The Package: Each Hot Frog Essential Living Composter includes one brick of coconut coir, some shredded paper, a lid, working trays, debris screen and a base with legs. Each tray holds approximately 3 gallons.
Optional Earthworms are additional and also sold separately.