Harris Bed Bug Killer has been proven effective against bed bug adults, nymphs and hatchlings. It is also a potent weapon against other indoor pests and outdoor pests, as well as those that travel in between, like fleas, crickets and ants. Although Diatomaceous Earth feels like a smooth powder to a human, it is made of ground-up sedimentary rock that has innumerable very tiny and very sharp little edges that cut into the insect. Virtually any insect that crawls through or jumps into this powder will suffer fatal damage to its exoskeleton, causing dehydration and death. This powder is odorless and non-staining and will remain effective for months, as long as it is kept dry and undisturbed.
Although Diatomaceous Earth poses very little threat to humans and animals, it should not be applied directly onto people or animals. Harris Bed Bug Killer has been vetted and listed by OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) as suitable for use in organic production facilities. Proudly made in the USA.
This product is intended for application with a hand duster, power duster or other suitable means for application to areas where insects are found. Apply this product to cracks and crevices with use of a bulbous duster or other suitable equipment, Apply lightly and uniformly. Dust insects directly if possible and repeat treatment regularly. For best results, apply to dry areas.
To control Asian Lady Beetles, Boxelder Bugs and Cluster Flies:
- Apply this product where insects may be entering the structure, traveling, breeding or living.
- Remove or cover all food or feed items in the treatment area before applying product.
- Treat open spaces below floors, above ceilings, within walls, under stair, underneath and behind equipment or appliances, around pipes and sinks, in utility closets and around garbage and waste cans.
- In food handling areas, or areas where food or feed products are prepared or stored, apply as a crack and crevice or spot treatment.
- As a crack and crevice treatment, apply sparingly into cracks and crevice using equipment designed to place powder into specific locations.
- Limit spot treatments to walls or floors where pests are suspected of hiding. No individual spot treatments should exceed 2 sq. ft.
Other uses (Indoor and Outdoor Applications) –
In living areas, make applications in such a manner as to avoid deposits on exposed surfaces or introducing the material into the air. Treat a small area of the surface to be treated and look for staining or other adverse reactions before making regular application. The amount of product to be applied will vary with the site but should usually be in the range of 1-5 oz. per 100 square feet.
Bed Bugs: Dismantle bed. Use this product in joints, crevices and where rungs are inserted. See that all interior areas are dusted. Dust mattresses, especially folds and edges. All cracks and crevices around window openings in the bedroom should also be treated.
Carpet Beetles: Dust along baseboards, carpet edges, under carpeting, furniture, in closets and shelving where these insects are seen or suspected.
Cockroaches, Ants, Earwigs, Millipedes, Centipedes, Crickets & Silverfish: Lightly coat a thin layer of this product in areas where these pests are found and may hide such as cracks and crevices, behind and beneath refrigerators, cabinets, stoves, garbage cans and in and around sewer pipes and drains, window frames and in attics and basements.
For Outdoor Applications: apply a thin layer in areas such as patios, outdoor sills, window and door frames, around foundations, along ant trails and around sewer pipes and drains.
Fleas: Thoroughly treat floor and bedding in and around pets' sleeping quarters. Treat surrounding cracks and crevices, baseboards, carpeting and wherever fleas are suspected.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: 100% Diatomaceous Earth (Amorphous silica) including silicon dioxide, other oxides and moisture.