Fortify Clear is a concentrated liquid chlorine dioxide product that is designed for use in irrigation systems and to be directly applied for cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces, tools, and equipment. It can also be used to treat and purify water which has previously been treated in accordance with the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) including potable water and cooling water in commercial office buildings, residential buildings and industrial process water. Water that is not subject to the SWDA for use as non-potable water or water not intended for human consumption can also be treated with Fortify Clear.
Fortify Clear will quickly and efficiently control biofilm in irrigation lines and other areas but is effective against so much more. It controls pathogenic organisms like Raoutella Terrigena (and other bacteria), Poliovirus, Rotavirus (and other viruses) as well as mold, mildew, protozoa, algae and fungi. Additionally, the odor control properties of Fortify Clear are first rate, even for the most odiferous of locations.
When you don't want to use harsh disinfectants like ozone, chlorine bleach, hydrogen peroxide and peracetic acid, Fortify Clear is the clear alternative to choose. Fortify Clear is EPA, FDA, NSF certified and much less corrosive and safer for the environment than many other cleaning/disinfecting options, but it is not without risk. Please review and adhere to the following safety instructions:
- When handling Fortify Clear protective gloves should be worn. Although this does not contain acid, ClO2 can absorb through the skin so contact should be avoided/minimized.
- Whenever a container of Fortify Clear is opened, the individual should wear at a minimum a cartridge respirator to avoid irritation from any ClO2 gas that escapes the container.
- Goggles should be worn to prevent splashes from entering the eyes.
- Dispensing of Fortify Clear should take place in a lab hood or well-ventilated area.
- If a container of Fortify Clear must be left open (for pumping or other operations) a vent or hood should be used to prevent ClO2 gas from accumulating in the nearby surroundings.
- Do not heat ClO2 solutions above 90°F and never use an open flame to heat the solution.
Can be used in/on greenhouses and other horticultural areas, public buildings, office buildings, residential buildings, walkways, evaporative coolers, retention basins and ponds, shoe baths, institutional premises, equipment and other hard surfaces, industrial processes and water systems, restrooms, refuse containers, storage lockers, ventilation systems, air washers, humidifiers and more. >
Shop All Rx Green Technology products here.
Fortify Clear is a chlorine dioxide product designed to purify water which has previously been treated in accordance with the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) including potable water and cooling water in commercial office buildings, residential buildings and industrial process water. Fortify Clear may be used to treat water that is not subject to the SWDA for use as non-potable water or water not intended for human consumption.
- Concentration and contact times are application specific.
- Minimum contact time for control of listed pathogenic organisms is 5 minutes
DISINFECTION, ALGAECIDE & FUNGICIDE FOR HORTICULTURAL & GREENHOUSE –
- Disinfect – 250 ppm for 10 minutes (a dilution ratio of 1:12) to treat, control and prevent funguses, bacteria, and algae, slimes, rusts, leaf spot and mildews.
- Remove Slimes – 50 ppm for 12 hours continuous treatment (dilution ratio of 1:60)
- Inhibit Reemergence – 0.25 ppm continuous treatment (dilution rate of 12000:1) in irrigation and other non-potable water systems.
TREATMENT OF HORTICULTURE POTS AND FLATS –
- Remove all gross filth and soil and thoroughly clean all surfaces with soap or detergent and rinse with clean water. Add Fortify Clear to water to make the chlorine dioxide 500 ppm (dilution ratio of 1:6).
TREATMENT OF GREENHOUSE GLASS, WALKWAYS AND UNDER BENCH AREAS –
- Remove all gross filth and soil and thoroughly clean all surfaces with water. Add Fortify Clear to water to make the chlorine dioxide 125-250 ppm (dilution ratio of 1:24-1:12).
COMMERCIAL, INSTITUTIONAL & INDUSTRIAL PREMISES & EQUIPMENT –
- Disinfect – 100 ppm for 10 minutes (dilution ratio of 1:30) to treat, control and prevent funguses, bacteria, and algae, slimes and mildews.
- Remove Slimes - 50 ppm for 12 hours continuous treatment (dilution ratio of 1:60) in non-potable water systems.
DEODORIZER FOR RESTROOMS/BATHROOMS, REFUSE CONTAINERS, STORAGE LOCKERS –
- 50 ppm (dilution ratio of 1:60)
TREATMENT OF VENTILATION SYSTEMS –
- Mechanically clean, vacuum, or blow free of dirt, dust, mold and debris all duct work using a commercial duct cleaning system or service prior to treatment. The air ducts to be treated must be mechanically sound and free of air leaks. Add Fortify Clear to the water at a dose of 500 ppm chlorine dioxide (a dilution ratio 1:6).
TREATMENT OF INDUSTRIAL AIR WASHERS, HUMIDIFIERS, AND EVAPORATIVE COOLERS –
- For the control of bacteria and fungi in industrial air washer systems add at a rate of 1-5 ppm (dilution ratio of 1:3000 to 1:600). NOTE: For use only in industrial air washer systems that maintain effective mist eliminating components.
|PURPOSE ||TARGET CIO2 PPM ||DILUTION RATE ||VOLUME mL/gal ||VOLUME oz/gal |
|Soaking ||50 ||1:60 ||63 ||2.1 |
|Sanitizing Drip Lines ||250 ||1:12 ||315 ||10.7 |
|Irrigation System Maintenance* ||0.25 ||1:12000 ||0.3 ||0.01 |
- 1 mL of Fortify Clear to 3 L of water for every ppm of dosage desired (e.g., 3 mL in 3 L is a 3-ppm dosage).
- Inject ClO2 under the surface of the liquid to be treated to prevent gas off.
*Concentrated stock tank ratios
|IRRIGATION SYSTEM MAINTENANCE – STOCK TANK MIXING RATES |
|Injection Ratio ||1:10 ||1:100 ||1:250 ||1:500 ||1:750 ||1:1000 ||1:3000 |
|Fortify Clear (oz/gal) ||0.1 ||1.0 ||2.5 ||5.0 ||7.6 ||10.1 ||30.4 |
|Fortify Clear (mL/gal) ||3 ||30 ||75 ||150 ||225 ||300 ||900 |
Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for more thorough instructions and additional treatment areas and specifications.
This product is toxic to fish and aquatic organisms. Do not discharge effluent containing this product into lakes, streams, ponds, estuaries, oceans or other waters unless in accordance with the requirements of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and the permitting authority has been notified in writing prior to the discharge. Do not discharge effluent containing this product to sewer systems without previously notifying the local sewage treatment plant authority. For guidance contact your State Water Board or Regional Office of the EPA.
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Keep containers tightly sealed when not in use. Store in original container in a dark, dry place away from extremes of heat or freezing conditions. Do not store with easily oxidizable materials, acids, bases, or combustible materials.
Free Ground Shipping in the contiguous 48 United States. All sales are final. No returns allowed.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,GA,HI,ID,IN,IA,KS,KY,NE,NC,OR,SC,TN,TX,UT,VA,WI,WY
Warning & Toxicities:
HAZARDS TO HUMANS & DOMESTIC ANIMALS. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Caution: Causes moderate eye irritation. Harmful if swallowed, absorbed through the skin, or inhaled. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
This product is to be used as directed within 9 months of the manufacture date indicated on the front panel of this label.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
CHLORINE DIOXIDE ..............................................................0.30%
INERT INGREDIENTS ..............................................................9.70%
Fortify Clear contains 3,000 ppm (3,000 mg/liter) chlorine dioxide.