Protect your plants from extreme cold, start seeds earlier in the season and extend your growing season with this flip-top cold frame. Everything is included (except the soil) to allow you to build the raised bed and the cold frame that flips up for easy access to your plants. The materials and design allow your plants to receive adequate sunlight and air circulation while providing protection from extreme temperatures, rain, wind, insects, birds and other pests.
Each kit includes:
- The 2" x 6" poly lumber base is made from resilient recycled plastic lumber protected by UV-stabilizers and will not rot, crack, split or splinter.
- The hoop framework is made from 19 gauge 1.05" OD USA-made, triple-galvanized structural steel tubing.
- The lightweight covering is made from durable UV-resistant, translucent, 4mm PolyCor.
Tools required to assemble:
- Tape measures or measuring devices
- Variable speed drill (cordless with extra batteries works best) and drill bits (1/8" or smaller for pilot holes)
- Saw to cut recycled plastic lumber and metal
- Hammer and gloves
- Additional hand tools as needed