- Shipping Info
Inoculants kick-start the nitrogen-fixing process for non-rhizocoated or raw legume seeds. Using an inoculant will help you get the best results from a legume cover crop. The Rhizobium leguminosarum biovar viceae culture in this product are for Field & Garden Peas, Vetch, Rye, Lentils and Fava Beans. This small bag (1/2 lb) will treat up to 50 pounds of seed.
- Store inoculant in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Optimal storage temperatures are between 40 F and 70 F.
- Do not freeze or expose to extreme heat.
- Do not open the bag until you are ready to use the inoculant.
- While this is an organic product, please avoid inhaling and always wear safety glasses and protective gloves when handling a powder.
The optimal method for applying an inoculant is to moisten the seed with non-chlorinated water. Then mix water, seed, and inoculant together until the seeds are evenly coated. Allow the mixture to dry for up to 3 minutes. Plant seeds as soon as possible after coating with inoculant.
If a seed has been coated with a fungicide, apply the inoculant dry. Do not moisten first.
What's In The Package:
This inoculant guarantees a minimum of 200 million (2 x 108) of viable cells of the stated culture(s).
Cultures: Rhizobium leguminosarum biovar viceae
Rhizobium leguminosarum biovar viceae