This unique kitchen compost container
made from recycled plastic can be used in your own home to recycle kitchen waste into an organic compost soil conditioner. Use the resulting nutrient-rich compost to organically fertilize your houseplants, garden or lawn. This system ferments and recycles food waste using EM-Bokashi™
(sold separately) into nutrient rich compost in less than half the time of conventional composting methods, without odors!
- Practical - Reduces the need for an outside compost pile. Stores neatly under kitchen sink for easy access.
- Large Capacity - Holds approximately 5 gallons of food waste, making it perfect for any size household.
- Air Tight Lid - Ensures an ideal environment for anaerobic fermentation to take place, while controlling odors and deterring flies.
- Plastic Strainer & Spigot - Plastic grate inside the bucket separates food waste from the liquid that accumulates at the bottom of the container. This liquid is drained through the spigot and used as a nutrient-rich fertilizer for house plants and gardens.
- Multi-Use Cup - Use for adding the right amount of EM-Bokashi™ compost starter to your food waste. Also, use the cup to collect liquid drained from the bucket.
Dimensions: 16"H x 11.5"W x 11.5"D.
TO COMPOST KITCHEN WASTE: 1. Lay down an initial layer of EM-Bokashi&trade (or another brand of compost starter); then place fresh food waste in the compost pail. 2. Thoroughly coat every layer with EM-Bokashi. 3. Be sure to close the lid tightly after every use to ensure an anaerobic (oxygen-free) environment for composting. 4. Once the container is filled to capacity, let the waste continue to ferment for two weeks and then transfer it into your garden or planter. 5. Allow at least two more weeks for the fermentation process to continue in the soil before planting your favorite vegetables, flowers, trees, etc. 6. Make sure to drain the liquid released during the anaerobic process from the kitchen composter frequently to prevent putrefaction of your compost.
Environment: Household Use