This addition to the Debug family of products offers a formulation with less Neem Oil (Fats and Glyceridic Fats of Margosa) than the others. With this lesser amount, the freezing point is lower (making it excellent for use in colder temperatures) and phytotoxicity at temperatures above 90°F is less of a problem. Debug Optimo controls a broad spectrum of pest insects and fungal pathogens. It works as a repellent, an anti-feedant (deters insects from feeding), an insecticide/fungicide (kills insects and pathogens in all stages of development by suffocation) and a growth regulator (keeps insects/pathogens from completely their life stages). These modes of action pose no risk of resistance development.
- Best used as a preventative
- Has spreader/sticker capabilities to ensure the product adheres well to all parts of the plant
- Enhanced stability against UV degradation
- EPA registered for use on hemp
- OMRI listed and NOP (National Organic Program) approved
- Compatible with most commonly used pesticides (see Use Instructions to review exceptions)
- Contains Azadirachtin, several liminoids, Neem Oil and a synergist
Shop all Debug® and MGK Gardening products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Can be used to control the following insects/pathogens: Alfalfa Worms, Aphids, Armyworms, Beanleaf Beetles, Beetles, Boll Weevils, Borers, Budworms, Cabbage Loopers, Casebearers, Caterpillars, Codling Moths, Colorado Potato Beetles, Corn Borer Beetles, Cucumber Beetles, Cutworms, Diamondback Moths, Ear Worms, Fagot Worms, Fall Armyworms, Flea Beetles, Fruit Flies, Fungus Gnats, Gnats, Grape Berry Moths, Grasshoppers, Grubs, Gypsy Moths, Japanese Beetles, Leaf Hoppers, Leaf Perforators, Leafminers, Leafrollers, Loopers, Lygus Bugs, Maggots, Mealybugs, Mexican Beetles, Mildew, Mites, Moths, Nematodes, Onion Maggots, Orange Tortix, Potato Flea Beetles, Pacific Spider Mites, Pepper Weevils, Phylloxera, Pythium, Pickle Worms, Psyila, Psyllids, Rhizoctonia Solani, Root Worms, San Jose Scale, Scales, Sclerotinia Scelrotiorum, Sharpshooters, Sucker Ants, Thrips, Two Spotted Spider Mites, Weevils, Whiteflies, Worms, Wireworms and Webworms.
Mixing Instructions – Shake the container well before use. If gelling occurs, warm it to room temperature before application. Determine the acreage to be treated.
- Fill tank with appropriate amount of water.
- Add the pre-measured amount of Debug Optimo.
- Keep tank agitated with an agitation device. Proper agitation is required, especially when mixing with other pesticides.
- Use all the diluted material soon after mixing. Do not save mixed material.
Spraying Instructions –
- Spray using a boom system, propeller turbine system (indicated for orchards), pressure hose with gun sprayers, powered back sprayers and manual hand sprayers.
- May be applied aerially using if using suitable equipment such as fixed-wing aircraft or helicopters.
- Make sure that the spray covers the entire plant, including the underside of leaves.
General Chemigation –
- Apply this product only through sprinkler or drip (trickle) irrigation systems. Do not apply through any other type of irrigation.
- Crop injury or lack of effectiveness can result from non-uniform distribution of treated water.
- For more detailed information on chemigation applications, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
In-Ground Applications – After applications, use sprinklers to deliver additional material to below ground level.,
- For Nematode Control (Ornamentals and Turf): Mix 24-48 fl. oz./2-30 gals of water to spray on 1,000 sq. ft. Apply every week or as needed.
- For Insect and Worm Control: Mix 1-2 fl. oz./2-3 gals of water (or 48-104 fl. oz./100 gals water per acre). Spray on 1,000 sq. ft. of turf. Repeat application at 7-10 days intervals if infestation persists.
Crop Applications –
- Standard application: 16-104 fl. oz./100 gals of water per acre or sufficient amount of water to ensure total foliage control. Repeat at 7-14 day intervals, at least once.
- High population crops (berries, fruit trees): 32-104 fl. oz./100-300 gals of water per acre. Repeat at 7-14 day intervals, at least once.
- Greenhouse crops: Prepare a 1.5-1.0% (0.6 oz.-1.25 oz.) solution of Debug Optimo in water and completely drench the plants. Repeat every 5-7 days until infestation clears.
Livestock Production (Applications to Floors ONLY) –
- Apply at the rate of not more than 1 fl. oz. per 450 sq. feet. Must be diluted in a sufficient quantity of water prior to application.
- Use hand-held, backpack or portable sprayer.
- Limit drift.
- Cover all equipment used in milk production and anything else that might be hit with incidental spray, including animal feed and drinking water.
- Make sure spray gets into corners, cracks and crevices where pests hide.
PREVENTATIVE APPLICATIONS Preventative applications are recommended even if there is no infestation. Start applying when the plants are tall enough to be susceptible to infestation.
- For baby vegetables: Apply 10 days after planting and reapply in 7-10 days.
- For regular vegetables: Apply when the plant has grown 2 leaves or in 6" tall. Repeat every 10-15 days.
- For fruit trees and berries: Apply when the tree ends dormancy and continue to repeat applications every 10-15 days.
- For grasses and forage crops like alfalfa, apply in spring, approximately 2 weeks after dormancy period is over. Repeat every 10-15 days.
Usage Notes: Debug Optimo is compatible with commonly used insecticides, fungicides and foliar fertilizers. However, do not use with Bordeaux mixture, lime sulfur or other highly alkaline products. This product is damaged by oxidants. Do not mix with acids and bleaches. It is advisable to pre-test the tank mix combination proposed on a few plants to observe phytotoxicity, if any. Climatic conditions and cultural practices may be different in the actual field than were in the experimental conditions. The water used for mixing should have a pH at about 5.5 for Debug Optimo to be most effective. If necessary, use a buffer to bring the pH to the desired level.
Environment: For use in agriculture, horticulture, greenhouses, parks and on golf courses, ornamentals and turf. Can be used on a great many organic and conventional many crops, including but not limited to: Fruit (Apples, Citrus, Avocados, Cherries, Figs, Pears, etc.), Cucurbits, Asparagus, Okra, Bulb, Cole & Leafy Vegetables (Broccoli, Cabbage, Celery, Lettuce, Onions, Kohlrabi, Spinach, etc.), Root & Tuber Vegetables (Potatoes, Carrots, Ginger, Turnips, etc.), Artichokes, Legumes (Beans, Peas, etc.), Cereals (Barley, Corn, Rice, Rye, etc.), Grasses, Alfalfa & other Feed and Forage crops), Fruiting Vegetables (Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplants, etc.), Berries (Blueberries, Strawberries, Cranberries, Grapes, etc.), Tropical Fruits (Bananas, Mangoes, Papayas, etc.), Cotton & oilseeds (Sesame, Sunflower, Olive, etc.), Herbs & Spices (Mints, Chives, Sage, etc.), Mushrooms (Enoki, Shitake, Oyster, etc.), Nuts (Pecans, Almonds, Macadamia, Water Chestnuts, etc.), Hemp, Coffee, Tea, Tobacco, Sugarcane, Greenhouse Crops, Ornamentals (Poinsettias, Roses, Salvia, etc.), all Starter Crops and in livestock production. For a complete list of crops, please refer to the Manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Keep in original packaging in cool (between 60-80°F) and dry place away from sunlight and foodstuffs. Do not refrigerate. Combustible: Do not use or store near heat or open flame.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,AR,CT,DE,DC,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,LA,ME,MA,MI,MN,MS,NE,NH,NJ,NY,ND,OK,PR,RI,SD,UT,VT,WV,WI,WY
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUR OF REACH OF CHILDREN. HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. Harmful if absorbed through skin or inhaled. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wear goggles, face shield or safety glasses. Avoid breathing spray. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Combustible: Do not use or store near heat or open flame.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Fats and Glyceridic Oils of Margosa........15.04%