CowPots are biodegradable, ready-to-plant pots made from composted cow manure. Made on a family dairy farm in Connecticut, these pots offer multiple for benefits for your plants.
- USDA Certified 100% Biobased
- Waste-Free Growing - Each CowPot is designed to be planted whole and will break down completely into your soil over a single growing season.
- Protection from transplant shock
- Decomposing CowPots provide additional organic matter to your soil.
- Growing roots can easily penetrate the CowPot, which eliminates root-bound plants and spurs air pruning.
- Can be planted directly into patio containers, flowerpots, raised beds and gardens
- 100% sustainable - The cattle from the dairy farm provide a continuous supply of the manure that is the source material for the pots.
- Odor-free - CowPots are heat-treated to reduce offensive odors.
- An excellent natural alternative to plastic or peat pots
#3 Six Cell CowPots Specifics -
- This is the only tray style CowPot.
- Dimensions: 9-1/4" x 6" x 3" (2-1/8" bottom width/cell)
- Fits into a standard 1020 tray
- The best choice for vegetable seedling that germinate quickly, like squash, cucumbers and pumpkins.
- Well suited for cold season/early spring crops like brassica and leafy greens
- Can be used for up to 6 weeks of indoor growing before needing to be transplanted into a larger container or a garden.
Shop All Cowpots Products here.
Fill the CowPots with potting soil mix and plant seeds according to the directions on the seed packet or transplant seedling into pot.
- If possible, leave space between pots to maximize air circulation (improves pot performance and plant health). Water and fertilize as needed.
- CowPots can be top or bottom watered.
- Manure naturally retains moisture – make sure not to over-water.
- Give the pot time to harden between watering (prevents over-watering and reduces mold-forming spores).
- Allow pots to dry before handling (pots are fragile when wet).
- Pots turn dark brown when wet and light brown when it's time to water again.
- When seedlings are ready for planting, place entire CowPot into soil, cover and water.
- Do not break up the pot (could cause damage to the roots and transplant shock).
- Plant entire pot and cover completely with soil.
Shelf Life: Once planted, ≈3-4 months in a greenhouse setting. If not planted and stored in a cool dry place, shelf life is indefinite.
Write a review
Apr 20, 2020 | By Kim
Jan 28, 2020 | By Jim Revell