Eco-friendly CowPots™ are a terrific alternative to peat pots for use in seed starting and growing seedlings. CowPots™ are made from composted cow manure. They are odor-free, biodegradable, and can be transplanted into the soil with your plant. The 6-cell pots are perfect for compact spaces and for mixed seeding.
5.5" x 3.75" x 4.75"
- Moisten the CowPots™ and fill with potting soil.
- Plant seeds or transplant seedling into the pot.
- Water and fertilize as needed.
- When seedlings are ready to be up-potted or transplanted there is no need to disturb plant roots.
- Just place the plant in the pot directly into soil.
- To allow the roots to grow more easily, slice the side of the CowPots™ using a utility knife and open out the sides before placing in the soil.
- Water thoroughly making sure that the pot is moist all the way through – this will aid in the decomposition of the pot.
How To Use:
Once planted, pot size maintains ability to quickly decompose; great for transplanting of ornamental peppers, small mums and perennial herbs; shape is key for indoor/decorative container.
Once planted, ≈3-4 months in a greenhouse setting. If not planted and stored in a cool dry place, shelf life is indefinite.