- Shipping Info
Sourced from the abundant natural by-product of a dairy farm in Connecticut, these eco-friendly, biodegradable pots are made of 100% renewable composted cow manure. Cowpots are a terrific alternative to peat pots for seed starting, seedling growing and transplanting and can last for months above ground. Once you plant them, they will break down slowly and release the nutrient and microbial content of the manure to enhance your soil. Plant roots are able to easily penetrate the pot walls, which will reduce transplant shock and allow for unfettered root growth and stronger, healthier plants. For best results, pick the size of pot that most closely suits your plant needs.
Dimensions: 11.5" x 8" x 7"
Fill the CowPots with potting soil mix and plant seeds according to the directions on the seed packet or transplant seedling into pot.
- If possible, leave space between pots to maximize air circulation (improves pot performance and plant health). Water and fertilize as needed.
- CowPots can be top or bottom watered.
- Manure naturally retains moisture – make sure not to over-water.
- Give the pot time to harden between watering (prevents over-watering and reduces mold-forming spores).
- Allow pots to dry before handling (pots are fragile when wet).
- Pots turn dark brown when wet and light brown when it's time to water again.
- When seedlings are ready for planting, place entire CowPot into soil, cover and water.
- Do not break up the pot (could cause damage to the roots and transplant shock).
- Plant entire pot and cover completely with soil.
Suggested Uses: Great for planting bulbs, grape vines, tomatoes, and large chrysanthemums. Once planted, pot size maintains ability to quickly decompose.
Shipping Restrictions: UPS Ground Only
Shelf Life: Once planted, ≈3-4 months in a greenhouse setting. If not planted and stored in a cool dry place, shelf life is indefinite.