Orchard grass, Dactylis glomerata is a long-lived perennial that grows in clumps. It is a vigorous grass that produces more summer regrowth than Timothy grass. Establish in spring, summer or in late winter / very early spring by frost seeding. Frost seeding lets the snow and frost do the work - simply broadcast seed and allow snow and frost to work the seed into soil.
- Tolerates poor soil and shade.
- Requires only moderately well-draining soil.
- Grows tall rapidly.
- Grown for hay, green chop, silage and is suitable in wildlife habitats.
- Plant with red clover or alfalfa to reduce coarse bunches.
Germination Temp.………59° to 73°F ambient
- Seed at 10 lbs per acre.
- Seed at 4 – 6 lbs. mixed with 8 – 12 lbs. of alfalfa or red clover per acre.
Plant alone or in combination with alfalfa or red clover. Consider alternating with winter rye as an overwintering crop.
Shipping Restrictions: UPS Ground Only