Chase Granular Mole & Gopher Repellent is a biodegradable, granular repellent that will chase burrowing animals from your lawn or garden. Use from spring through late fall when the tunnels or cone-shaped mounds from these animals are present. Chase will not kill the target animals, but the active ingredient of Castor Oil is extremely irritating to them. It causes topical itching when they come in contact with it, and when they ingest it they experience digestive distress. All of this will make them uncomfortable enough to avoid treated areas and relocate elsewhere.
- Use at a rate of 1 lb. / 1,000 sq. ft.
- Won't yellow lawns or grasses.
- Can be applied by hand, or by broadcast or drop spreader.
- Not for use where food is grown.
- Won't harm birds, pets, or plants.
Once you apply the repellent, it is common to see increased tunnel activity for a period of time while the animals relocate.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Moles, gophers, voles, and other burrowing pests.
When and Where to Use:
While you can apply CHASE evenly by hand, you may also use either a broadcast or drop spreader. The correct application rate, regardless of method, is 1 lb. of CHASE per 1,000 sq. ft. To initially set spreader, select a setting in the lower range of application rate. Then test setting by using one of the following methods:
- The first is to put one-half pound of CHASE in spreader and apply to an area that is 500 sq. ft. (approximately 7 x 7 normal walking paces). Readjust as necessary to reach the desired rate.
- To test setting with the second method, set the spreader and apply an ounce or two of CHASE over a small area of paved surface. The distribution of granules should appear similar to the illustration shown on the manufacturer's label over a 1sq. ft. area.
Treating Large Areas:
While you can apply CHASE to your entire yard in one treatment, another strategy that has proved to be effective is to "move" the moles in the direction you'd like them to exit your property. To accomplish this, apply CHASE to 1/3rd of the area to be treated, beginning with the one furthest from the direction you want them to leave. If you want pests to move from your flower garden toward a fence, begin at the garden. Then (at 1-2-day intervals), apply the product to the other areas closer to the fence, ending with the one nearest to it. This approach is particularly effective when the area to be treated is larger than 100 f. x 100 ft.
Storage: Store in original container
Warning & Toxicities: Avoid skin and eye contact
Shelf Life: Indefinite
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Castor Oil USP or equivalent.......19.5%
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate...................4.5%
Corn Cob Granules......................76.0%
Write a review
Mar 16, 2023 | By Anita Kreager
Dec 31, 2022 | By James F Pigage
Moles Be Gone
Nov 3, 2022 | By Bonnie McDonald
Want it to work but ...
Apr 22, 2022 | By Lana Sweatte
This Product Works!
Apr 11, 2022 | By Becki
Jul 17, 2020 | By Lisa Bronowicz
Nov 2, 2019 | By Richard Gammon