Brandt Nema-Q is designed to control destructive plant parasitic nematodes in orchards, vineyards, field crops, ornamentals and turf. The active ingredient in this water soluble powder (Quillaja saponaria) is derived from a tree that is native to the South American country of Chile, the Quillaja Saponaria Molina tree. It works to control both endoparasitic and ectoparasitic nematodes on contact and by ingestion.
High solubility and versatility are key components to the efficacy of this organic biopesticide: it is compatible with most water-based fertilizers (providing the pH of the final solution is in a pH range of 3-8) and it can be applied via ground spray, shank injection or through chemigation. It may also increase the performance of certain products by functioning as a wetting agent and can promote root growth.
Brandt Nema-Q is OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control, so it can be used worry-free in conventional or organic production.
Application Rate: For best results, multiple applications may be made in the spring, followed by a single application in the fall after harvest.
- To control/suppress plant parasitic nematodes, apply Nema-Q to the full irrigated zone. For row crops, the irrigated zone is 30-50% of the row area.
- For orchards or around trees, apply from tree trunk to drip-line to cover at least 50% of soil area or the area under the canopy of the tree, whichever is greatest. Single applications should be made in the spring just prior to or during root flush and again in the fall after harvest.
For control of plant parasitic nematodes in Berries (not for use in CA), Citrus, Grapes, Nut Crops, Pome Fruit, Stone Fruit, Cole Crops, Cucurbit Vegetables, Fruiting Vegetables, Leafy Vegetables, Strawberries, Bulb Vegetables, Root and Tuber Vegetables, Ornamentals and Turfgrass.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Controls both endoparasitic and ectoparasitic nematodes affecting plant roots.
Nema-Q is physically compatible with most water based pesticides and liquid fertilizers providing the pH of the final solution is in a pH range of 3-8. Do not apply Nema-Q with any other product before testing for physical and chemical compatibility. To determine compatibility, pour the recommended proportions of the products into a suitable container, mix and wait for 30 minutes. If product remains mixed, it is considered physically compatible.
- Fill tank with water to at least half full, then add recommended dosage of Nema-Q directly to the tank and continue filling.
- Agitation should be minimized in the tank (shut off paddle agitation, if possible) to prevent foaming.
- To reduce foaming, an agricultural defoamer may be added to the tank mix. However, Nema-Q is very water soluble and will form a true solution so it should not be a concern for settling in the tank.
- Apply solution within 3 hours of mixing.
Environment: Can be used in vineyards and orchards and on field crops, turf and ornamentals.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool dry area.
Orders of more than three pails (SKU 1440150) require freight shipping. Please call us at 1-800-827-2847 to get a freight quote.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,AR,CO,CT,DE,DC,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NC,ND,OH,OK,PA,PR,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VT,VA,WV,WI,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Causes substantial but temporary eye damage. Do not get in eyes or clothing. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin. Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Never apply material so as to contaminate eating or drinking areas.
Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
8.6%..........*Saponins of Quillaja saponaria
* Bidesmosidic derivatives of quillajic acid substituted with a trisaccharide at C-3 and an oligosaccharide in C-28.
OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control.