Brandt Ecotec Plus offers sustainable organic insect and mite control in a powerful, oil-based formula. It works quickly and effectively to coat and suffocate pests on contact and continues to act as a repellent after the contacted insects have died. This dual mode of action provides control for all stages of insect development.
Benefits of Ecotec Plus:
- OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control
- Zero-hour restricted entry interval (REI) and pre-harvest interval (PHI) – may be applied up to the day of harvest
- NOP (National Organic Program) compliant
- Compatible with most conventional adjuvants and fertilizers
- Works on crops grown indoors and outdoors, on turf and in mushroom houses
For full effectiveness, spray Brandt Ecotec Plus when pests first appear (do not wait until crops are heavily infested) and apply repeatedly. Take care to cover all parts of the plant uniformly and completely. Reapply as needed to maintain desired level of control. There are no restrictions on how many applications can be made per season, but there is a 5-day minimum interval required between applications.
- General Applications – 1-4 pints per 100 gallons. 2-6 fl. oz. per 10 gallons.
- Citrus and Subtropical Fruits – 2-5 pints per 100 gallons/3-8 fl. oz. per 10 gallons.
- Herbs & Spices – 1-3 pints per 100 gallons/2-5 fl. oz. per 10 gallons.
- Indoor Ornamentals – 2-5 fl. oz. per 10 gallons.
- Mushroom Houses – Spray a solution of 4-8 fl. oz. per gallon on outside and inside walls, floors and sideboards after compost has been pasteurized by heating. Also spray over the plastic covering the beds and trays after spawning. Repeat as needed.
For use to control mites, soft bodied insects and sucking insects on amenity/ornamental plants and plants/crops grown for their reproductive and/or vegetative components used for feed, food, fuel, fiber and medicinal purposes.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Mites and soft bodied, piercing and sucking insect pests such as Aphids (Aphidoidea), Beetles (Coleoptera), Caterpillars (Lepidoptera), Fly Maggots (Diptera), Leafhoppers (Cicadellidae), Leafminers, Mealybugs (Pseudococcidae), Psyllids (Psyllidae), Scale – crawler stage, Thrips (Thysanoptera), Whiteflies (Aleyrodoidea) and Liverworts (Marchantiophyta).
Mixing Instructions: The use of adjuvants (spreaders and/or penetrants) is highly recommended for improving performance.
- Fill spray tank ½ full with intended amount of water (> 45°F).
- Add this product at recommended rate, then other products as desired, and continue filling with water. In areas with hard water (> 200 ppm), addition of a water softener is recommended before adding this product to the spray tank.
- Maintain agitation while mixing and during application for best results.
- Always clean tank, pump and lines thoroughly with water after use.
Begin spraying when insects first appear; do not wait until plants are heavily infested. Repeat as needed (with a 5 day minimum interval) to maintain desired level of control. There are no restrictions on the number of applications per season. Do not apply when temperatures exceed 90°F.
- Ground Spray: Spray-to-wet applications of this product may be made with standard field sprayers and backpack or other hand-held sprayers.
- Aerial Spray: Please see manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for complete instructions.
- Drip Irrigation: For soil inhabiting insects and insect stages, use 2-4 pints per acre of plant bed in 2-3 applications over a 7-14 day schedule. Set emitter spacing and line pressure to give best coverage and reduce leaching.
For best results, spray coverage should be uniform and complete. Spray droplet size should be adjusted to maximize coverage, minimize drift, and allow direct contact with as many insects as possible. Use lower rates to control light to moderate insect populations and higher rates for heavy infestations. Apply to crops at any time up to and including the day of harvest.
Environment: For use outdoors and indoors in greenhouses, nurseries, interior plantscapes, lath and shadehouses, commercial, industrial, recreational and residential landscapes, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, sports fields, lawns, turfgrass and inside/outside of mushroom houses.
Environmental Hazards: Avoid direct contact to water, not for aquatic use. Avoid release to the environment. This product may be toxic to bees. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in original container in a cool, well-ventilated area away from children, animals, food, feeds and seeds. Avoid excessive heat and freezing temperatures. Keep container tightly closed during storage.
Orders of more than three cases (SKU 1440125) require freight shipping. Please call us at 1-800-827-2847 to get a freight quote.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,AR,CT,DE,DC,ID,IN,IA,ME,MT,NE,NH,NM,ND,OH,OK,RI,SD,VT,WV
Warning & Toxicities: Causes skin and eye irritation. Wear protective eyewear and gloves when mixing or handling concentrate. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID. Keep away from flames and hot surfaces. No smoking. In case of fire, use appropriate media to extinguish.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control.