Brandt Antixx Plus is a patented granular formulation that baits and kills targeted insects, slugs and snails with Iron Phosphate and Spinosad. Derived from an organism found naturally in soil (Saccharoplyspara spinosa), Spinosad causes muscle contractions/tremors and paralysis then death. Iron phosphate is an effective bait and, once ingested, it causes slugs and snails to quit eating (which naturally leads to death).
Benefits of Brandt Antixx Plus:
- OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control.
- Perfectly suited for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in conventional or traditional production.
- High coverage rate – 50 lb. bag will treat a little over an acre/1 lb. treats 2,000 sq. ft.
- 4-hour restricted entry interval (REI).
- Short pre-harvest interval (PHI) – for example, there is a 1-day RHI on almonds.
Brandt Antixx Plus granules can be used against a long list of targeted pests (for the full list, see the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab). Applications can be made via broadcast or row application on all use sites. The micro-pellets in this product are made to be long lasting; they will resist UV degradation and remain effective for up to 4 weeks.
- Vegetables – 20-44 lbs. per acre (0.5-1 lb. per sq. ft.). Scatter the bait around the perimeter of the field or greenhouse to provide a protective barrier for pests entering the vegetable plantings. If pests are inside the rows, then scatter the bait on the soil around the plants and between the rows.
- Fruits – Apply at 0.15 oz. or 1 level teaspoon per sq. yard in a circular band around the base of plants to be protected in the field or greenhouse. For older trees, spread the bait around the base of the trees to intercept pests traveling to the trunk. Apply the bait at 20-44 lbs. per acre (0.5-1 lb. per 1,000 sq. ft.) in orchards, using standard fertilizer granular spreaders. For seedlings, spread the bait around the base of the stem.
- Berries – Spread the bait around the perimeter of the field or greenhouse to intercept pests migrating toward the berries. Use a rate of 20-44 lbs. per acre (0.5-1 lb. per 1,000 sq. ft.) and scatter by hand or with granular spreaders. If pests are already in the plots, then carefully spread bait between the furrows near the base of the plants.
- Trees, Nuts & Pistachios – 20-44 lbs. per acre (0.5-1 lb. per sq. ft.). Scatter by hand or with granular spreaders. For seedlings, spread the bait around the base of the stem. For older trees, spread around the base of the trees to intercept pests traveling to the trunk.
- Herbs – 20-44 lbs. per acre (0.5-1 lb. per sq. ft.). Apply the bait between the rows and around the perimeter of the field or greenhouse.
- Grass Forage, Fodder, Hay, Seed Production & Cereal Grains – 0.23 to 1 lb. per 1,000 sq. ft. (10-44 lbs. per acre). When pests are detected, spread the bait by hand or with a granular spreader.
- Turf & Ornamentals – 0.23 to 1 lb. per 1,000 sq. ft. (10-44 lbs. per acre). In and around pots in greenhouses/container grown plants, apply at 0.15 oz., or 1 level tsp. per yard in a 6" circular band around the base of the plants to be protected.
This is a dual-active insect (ants and more), slug and snail bait that is approved for use in organic production (OMRI).
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Earwigs (Dermaptera), Cutworms (Noctuidae spp), Sowbugs (Oniscidae), Pillbugs (Armadillidiidae), Crickets (Gryllidae), Slugs and Snails (Gastropoda), Ants (Formicidae) including Foraging Ants, Sweet Feeding Ants, Pavement Ants, Moisture Ants, Crazy Ants (Nylanderia fulva), Argentine Ants (Linepithema humile), Acrobat Ants (Crematogaster), Big Head Ants (Lasius niger), Cornfield Ants, Ghost Ants (Tapinoma melanocephalum), Odorous House Ants (Tapinoma sessile), Thief Ants (Solenopsis molesta), Texas Leaf Cutting Ants (Atta texana), Field Ants and more.
Prior to planting, prior to plant emergence and after plant emergence, spread bait on soil around or near plants to be protected. For broadcast application, use standard broadcast spreaders. For row applications, use standard granular spreaders. Reapply as the bait is consumed or at least every 2-4 weeks.
Apply the higher rates for control of severe infestations, if the area is heavily watered or after long periods of heavy rain. Do not apply more than 3 times in a 30 day period. Avoid applying Antixx Plus in piles for best coverage rates and results. This product works best when soil is moist, but with little or no standing water.
Environment: For use between rows around the perimeter of field or greenhouse vegetable plantings, around the base of trees, in or around container plants on greenhouses benches or in nurseries. Can also be used in non-crop areas such as tree farms, pastures, rangeland, parks, playgrounds, cemeteries, picnic areas, roadside campgrounds, industrial sites, fallow land, barrier strips and buffer zones.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store this product in its original container and keep in a secure storage area out of reach of children and domestic animals.
Orders of more than three bags (SKU 1440135) require freight shipping. Please call us at 1-800-827-2847 to get a freight quote.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,AR,CO,DC,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NC,ND,OH,OK,OR,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,VT,VA,WV,WI,WY
Shipping Restrictions: Ground Only
Warning & Toxicities: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
Environmental Hazards: This product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
0.07%..........Spinosad (a mixture of spinosyn A and spinosyn D)