Ships via Overnight methods only and must remain refrigerated until use. Please call to order so that we can ensure delivery is made when someone can receive the package.
This impressive OMRI Listed biological fungicide is based on a naturally occurring, non-pathogenic saphrophytic fungus known as Unocladium oudemansii (U3 strain). This live spore preparation has been developed as a preventative specifically to control common plant pathogens such as Botrytis cinerea, Sclerotinia sclerotiorum and Monilinia spp.
BotryStop has a unique mode of action in that it aggressively occupies the same ecological space as plant pathogens and will out-compete them for nutrients. This process begins when you apply BotryStop spores to dead and senescent plant debris. Once applied, they will germinate and then colonize the plant debris until further sporulation occurs. Once that happens, the new spores will spread to available space on remaining dead and senescing tissue, depriving the pathogens of their room and board. This thriving colony of Unocladium oudemansii provides protection from pathogens to fruit, blossoms, and plant tissue.
OMRI listed BotryStop poses no threat to living tissue, is non-invasive, is exempt from residue tolerances and has a 4-hour REI and a 0-day PHI. BotryStop makes an exceptional resistance management tool as, due to its mode of action, it is extremely unlikely that resistance to it will develop.
Please note: BotryStop is labelled for use on a wide variety of crops and ornamentals – except in California. There is specific label for California use that is more restrictive. To see either or both of these labels, please go to the Docs tab.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Gray Mold (Botrytis cinerea), Botrytis Leaf Blight (Botrytis squamosa)*, Botrytis Neck Rot (Botrytis allii), Brown Rot and Blossom Blight (Monilinia spp), Jacket Rot and Green Fruit Rot (Botrytis cinerea, Monilinia spp, Sclerotinia sclerotiorum), Sclerotinia Head and Leaf Drop*, Sclerotina Stem Rot and Erwinia amylovora.
*Not labeled for use on these in California.
Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation systems.
- Dilute Botrystop in water before applying in conventional or hydraulic spray equipment.
- Ensure the spray tank is clean and partially fill it with clean water. Begin agitation. Add the specified amount of BotryStop to the tank and finish filling the tank to the desired volume to obtain the proper spray concentration. Continuous agitation is required.
- Add a surfactant or a non-ionic adjuvant for ensure proper product wetting and spreading.
- Although the use of organosilicone surfactants is beneficial when spraying at low water volumes (below 35 gal/acre), they should be chosen cautiously. Avoid those that are also described as "penetrants" or "stomatal flooders or infiltrators".
- Apply BotryStop to the point of saturation but avoid runoff. Use sufficient water volume to provide good coverage and wetting of plant tissue. The amount of spray solution to apply will vary depending on the type of crop. For instance, to minimize residue on delicate ornamental flowers, use a spray with small droplet sizes and spray to wet but not to runoff.
- Maintain agitation continuously while spraying.
- Use spray mixture immediately. Do not allow spray mixture to stand overnight or for prolonged periods.
- BotryStop can be mixed with some other fungicides.
- Do not include this product in a three-way tank mix; it can only be mixed with one other product.
- It is always advisable to conduct a spray compatibility test when you plan to mix this product with another. To determine physical compatibility of this product with other products, use a jar test.
- For more detailed information on jar tests and other aspects of compatibility, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the Docs tab.
The application rate range is 2-4 lb./acre. The most common rate is 3 lb./acre.
Storage: Store in original container in a cool, dry place. Do not store outdoors or allow to freeze.
Ships via Overnight methods only.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,HI,NY
Warning & Toxicities:
For Terrestrial Use Only. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to inter-tidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
- Product must be stored refrigerated or ideally kept below 68°F (20°C), but not frozen (below 32°F/O°).
- When refrigerated (below 40°F), the shelf life of this product is 12 months.
- Product can be stored at room temperature (70-75°F/22-25°C) for up to 7 days, but the spores will begin to lose viability after 48 hours at 77°F (25°C).
- Spores will rapidly decline in viability at 86°F (30°C).
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Ulocladium oudemansii (U3 Strain)*.......45.00%
Contains not less than 8 x 1000000 fu/gram