Made with a blend of ocean kelp, alfalfa and fish meals, Bonide Garden Rich Compost Maker is a non-corrosive and non-volatile compost supplement that stimulates beneficial microorganisms that break down organic matter. The blend of ingredients in Garden Rich Compost Maker energize composts, accelerate microbial digestion and stabilize nutrients and humus. The accelerated breakdown of organic matter reduces unwanted odors and helps keep composts in balance. This quickened decomposition is the result of the organisms' digestion, which also works to produce stable nutrients and humus and to reduce odors. Bonide Garden Rich Compost Maker can be added dry or sprayed mixed with water onto kitchen scraps, garbage, manure, leaves, vegetables and other organic waste.
Suggested Uses: For use an additive to compost to reduce odor, stabilize nutrients and accelerate decomposition of organic materials.
Any ground-up organic materials such as leaves, straw, kitchen scraps, grass clippings or manure will compost. Garden Rich Compost Maker will help accelerate the decomposition of these organic materials.
Setting Up A Compost Pile:
- Arrange material in 4" layers.
- Sprinkle a light dusting of this product over each layer.
- Keep moist.
Compost Piles, Drums or Bins:
- Incorporate 1 lb. of this product per 500-1000 lbs. (10-20 cubic feet) of raw materials.
- Small scale: 2 tablespoons per cubic foot
- Provide adequate moisture, aeration and nitrogenous materials.
Leaves, Sawdust or Straw:
- Add ¼ cup per cubic foot.
- Add a nitrogen source such as manure, fish or bloodmeal.
- Mix 1 lb. per 250 sq. ft. with 2" of leaves, grass or other materials.
- Spread in the garden and work well into soil.
Application Rate: Use 1 lb per ton of organic matter.
Storage: Store in original container in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not using.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children.
Shelf Life: Indefinite
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: A blend of ocean kelp, fish and alfalfa meals.