Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew is a non-selective herbicide that uses Caprylic Acid to quickly burndown and control many of the most common herbaceous broadleaf and grassy weeds, algae and moss. This product has been designed to be used anytime of the year (it is effective in temperatures as low as 40°F.), but it works best during warm and dry conditions. Application during cold weather can delay the appearance of plant damage.Captain Jack's Deadweed Brew is extremely versatile; it can be applied virtually anywhere around the home or garden. It can also be used in lawn, gardens, landscaping and other cultivated areas prior to planting grass, flowers and vegetables. As soon as the desirable level of weed control is obtained, the area can be re-planted.
- For use on both perennial and annual weeds
- Should be applied with a handheld or backpack type of sprayer
- Will not translocate - burns only the part of the plant that is hit with the spray solution
- Use on visible weeds around and on lawns, buildings, sidewalks, fruit trees, small fruits and vines, fences, driveways, patios, bark mulch, flower and vegetable gardens, landscaped areas and gravel.
- Pint (16 oz.) bottle, treats up to 1,600 sq. ft. and quart (32 oz.) treats up to 3,200 sq. ft.
- Pint (16 oz.) bottle makes up to 4 gallons of finished spray; quart (32 oz.) bottle makes up to 8 gallons of spray and gallon (128 oz.) bottle makes up to 32 gallons of finished spray
Shop all Bonide products here.
Shake well before using.
Dilute with water using the chart below as a guide.
- Apply the mixed solution at 2.5-7.5 gallons/1,000 square feet (3-9 fl. oz./sq. yard)
- Any standard hand-held or backpack sprayer can be used.
- Spray weed thoroughly, using a coarse nozzle setting to reduce drift. Thorough coverage is extremely important.
- For spot treatment of individual weeds, apply the solution to the center of the plant to the point of runoff.
Plant damage will be visible from a few hours to a few days after spraying. Repeat treatment every 2-3 weeks to control new weeds from seed and re-growth from biennial and perennial weeds.
Avoid spraying desirable plants and thoroughly wash equipment after use.
|Desired Volume of Spray Solution
||Amount of Product Per Volume of Water
|1 quart (32 fl. oz.)
||1 fl. oz.
||2 fl. oz.
||3 fl. oz.
|1 gallon (128 fl. oz.)
||4 fl. oz.
||8 fl. oz.
||12 fl. oz.
* For small, easy-to-kill weeds less than 5 inches tall, and for moss and algae.
** For larger perennial weeds and grasses.
*** For tough-to-kill weeds, vines, brush and sucker control.
Do not apply directly to water. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that win or rain does not blow off or wash pesticide off the treatment area Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems.
Storage: Store unused material, tightly closed, in original container only, away from open flame. Do not store at temperatures below 39°F.
Warning & Toxicities:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. War eye protection (goggles, face shield or safety glasses) and waterproof gloves. Was thoroughly with soap and water after handling, and before eating, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reaction in some individuals.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: