BONIDE KleenUp utilizes Caprylic acid as a fast-acting dessicant to control broadleaf weeds, grasses, algae and moss. This organic, non-selective herbicide will kill weeds within hours and will not translocate; it will burndown and kill only those plants that are directly sprayed. This product is effective on most common weeds and, when used regularly, can suppress the growth of some biennial and perennial species.
- Can be used anytime of the year, but works best in warm and dry conditions. Cold weather can slow the appearance of plant damage.
- Can be used in previously cultivated or new areas prior to planting grass, flowers and vegetables. Simply wait for desired weed control level to be obtained before planting or re-planting.
- Re-application may be necessary if rain falls within 3 hours of initial treatment.
Shop all Bonide products here
Suggested Uses: For use as a non-selective herbicide to kill all types of weeds in yards, lawns and gardens.
Mixing Instructions: Please refer to the mixing chart on the product label.
Application Instructions: Apply the mixed solution at 2.5-7.5 gallons/1,000 sq. ft. (3-9 fl. oz./sq. yard) using any hand-held or backpack sprayer. Avoid spraying desired plants.
- Spray weed(s) thoroughly, using a coarse nozzle setting to reduce drift. Thorough coverage is extremely important.
- For spot treatment of individual weed, apply the mixed solution to the center of the plant to the point of runoff.
- Plant damage will be visible from a few hours to 2 days after spraying.
- Repeat treatment every 2-3 weeks to control new weeds growing from seed and re-growth from biennial and perennial weeds.
- If rain falls within 3 hours of treatment, an additional application may be required.
- Wash equipment thoroughly after use.
Environment: Can be used in and around vegetable and flower gardens, landscaped areas, shrubs, trees, vines, driveways, patios, sidewalks, mulch, buildings, foundations, gravel and more.
Storage: Store unused material tightly closed and in original container only, away from open flame. Do not store at temperatures below 39°F.
Cannot Be Shipped To: CA,MA,MS,PR,SD
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wear eye protection (goggles, face shield or safety glasses). Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling, and before eating, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Do not apply directly to water. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: