This simple tool can do wonders for the success of anything you grow. Having the proper soil pH can help your plants with nutrient availability, avoid nutrient leaching, fight toxic elements and much more. This easy-to-use tool can give you the pH range specific for what you are growing within minutes.
- Test the acidity of soil.
- Allows you to determine if your soil is appropriate for what you want to grow, so you can adjust accordingly.
- Can be used for fruits, flowers, shrubs and vegetables.
- Comes with an extensive list of pH ranges covering specific types of flowers, shrubs, fruits and nuts, trees and vegetables.
- Probe can penetrate up to 5 inches.
- No batteries needed
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Prepare the soil - Loosen the soil to a depth of 5 inches and thoroughly wet to a mud-like consistency.
- Prepare the soil tester - Using a fine scrubbing pad, polish a 4 inch section located above the sharpened point to a shine (do not polish the sharpened tip).
- Testing - Push the tester into the soil to a depth of 4-5 inches. Twist the tester several times to ensure proper contact. Wait 1 minute for the tester to adapt before taking a reading. If there is no reading, re-polish the tester and insert in a different area.