BioSafe Weed Control is a non-selective herbicide that works on contact when applied as a foliar application. This OMRI Listed product works on perennial and annual broadleaf and grass weeds in two ways: as a control and for burndown suppression. Plants that produce spores, such as liverworts and mosses, will also be controlled. For best results, use on weeds before they mature and cover plant leaves thoroughly and uniformly with spray. Take care to avoid contacting wanted plants. Within 1-2 hours of application you will begin to see it working; the plant's foliage will turn from green to brown or black. This soap product penetrates the cell walls of the plant to disrupt their normal functioning and cause death; the browning of the leaves is due to this necrotic plant tissue. This product does not move through the soil or between plants and leaves no harmful residue. BioSafe Weed Control is OMRI Listed, so you can use it confidently for all your organic gardening purposes.
This product must be diluted with water to the specified concentration for effective control of undesired vegetation.
- Do not apply this product through any irrigation system.
- Spray equipment options include hand-held and hose-end sprayers. Spray nozzles that produce a uniform spray will give maximum coverage of the leaves and improved weed control.
- Do not apply to weeds when wet from dew, rain or watering.
- Do not water within 2 hours after application.
- Do not apply if rainfall is expected within 2 hours.
- During application, some foaming may occur; however, weed control is unaffected if the foam is deposited on the plant surface and is not blown away as drift.
- A 10-13% volume to volume (V/V) dilution (13-16 fl. oz. per gallon of water) is recommended for most weed control situations.
- The larger the plants, the higher the application rates needed to ensure maximum herbicidal activity. Also, the higher the concentration, the quicker the plants wilt and turn brown.
Larger weeds, perennial weeds and some grasses may require several applications for complete control.
- See "Application Rates" section on the Product Label for more complete information.
Storage: Store in original container in a cool, well-vented area away from direct sunlight. Do not allow product to become overheated in storage. This may cause increased degradation of the product, which will decrease product effectiveness. In case of spill, flood area with large quantities of water. Do not store in a manner where cross-contamination with other pesticides or fertilizers could occur.
Warning & Toxicities: Causes substantial, but temporary, eye irritation. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wear goggles. Harmful if inhaled. Avoid breathing spray mist. Causes moderate skin irritation. Avoid contact with skin or on clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gun or using tobacco. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Environmental Hazards: For terrestrial uses only. This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems. This product is toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment or residues on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product if bees are visiting the treatment area.
BioSafe Weed Control contains 3.3 lbs. of ammonium nonanoate per US gallon.