Pfeiffer Biodynamic Compost Starter contains a proprietary mix of compost preparations, beneficial soil bacteria, fungi, enzymes and plant growth promoting factors. This combination of soil goodness jump starts the production of beneficial microorganisms that will transform raw organic matter into exceptional colloidal humus.
- This product will need to be activated for at least 12 hours before use. Once it is activated it is usable for 48 hours.
- Each 1 ounce package, when properly prepared for use, will yield more than 1.36 billion CFU's (colony forming units) of beneficial organisms.
- Decomposes raw material, breaks it down into simpler compounds and reassembles them into complex humus
- Fixes nitrogen from the air and makes it available to the plant in a slow and steady form
- Improves soil structure for easy cultivation, improved water retention and drainage and less erosion
- Transforms nutrients into a readily available form for easy plant uptake
- Stimulates root growth
- Maintains a healthy soil microbiome
- Conforms to biodynamic practices
One ounce of Pfeiffer Biodynamic Compost is sufficient for approximately 1 ton (1.0 cubic yards = 3 ft x 3ft x 3ft) of raw materials. For back yard composting, mix a pinch of starter in your compost bucket each time you add it to the pile, thereby continually inoculating your compost pile.
Mix the compost starter with enough lukewarm water to yield a fully moistened paste-like substance. Store the mixture in a warm place for approximately 12 hours before application. Once the mixture is activated, it is usable for up to 48 hours.
The mixture must be activated for at least 12 hours before use.
Dilute the activated compost starter with sufficient water to fully cover the area to be composted. The amount of water is dependent upon the calibration of your spray equipment or the method of application.
Apply the diluted mixture while building the compost pile or mixing the materials. The material being composted should be thoroughly permeated with the activated compost starter.
For more complete instructions, including how to set up a compost pile, please refer to the Instructions under the DOCS tab.
Storage: Store in original container. Store in a cool, dry place
Warning & Toxicities: No toxicity known
Shelf Life: Indefinite
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: BD #500 Compost Prep, BD #502-507 Compost Preps, Seed Care & Propagation