Azera is the organic insecticide proven to get rid of hundreds of common garden pests, PLUS the extra hard-to-kill ones. It starts with a plant-made insecticide MGK Gardening learned to extract from daisy flowers 100 years ago called Pyrethrum, trusted by professional farmers and gardening experts ever since. MGK added a second plant-made insecticide that comes from the Neem tree, to provide your plants extra protection against even the toughest pests.
Benefits of Azera Gardening:
- Made from Pyrethrins and Azadiracthtin, two of the most effective botanical insecticides used by organic gardeners.
- Quickly gets rid of both hard-bodied and soft-bodied insects from aphids to beetles.
- Naturally breaks down in sunlight. Can be applied the same day fruits and veggies are picked.
- OMRI listed (accepted for organic gardening).
- Can be used on most types of fruits & vegetables.
has been producing effective insecticides for organic gardening since 1919, with Azera being one of their most versatile pyrethrin-based formulations. It is compatible with most other insecticides.
Additional Information: Pyrethrins, Pollinators and Other Beneficials
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Asparagus Beetle, Beetles, Bean Leaf Beetle, Armyworm, Cutworms, Ants, Apple Maggots, Brown Marmorated Stink Bug, Cabbage Looper, Cabbage Worms, Cabbage Maggots, Codling Moth, Colorado Potato Beetle, European Corn borer, Crickets, Grasshopper, Gypsy Moth, Hornworms, Indian Meal Moth, Leafminers, Leafrollers, Lesser Peach Tree Borer, Midges, Aphids, Thrips, Pear Psylla, Psyllids, Peach Twig Borer, Oriental Fruit Moth, Sod Webworm, Pink bollworm, Diamondback Moth, Squash Vine Borers, Tobacco Budworm, Tomato Fruitworm, Tomato Hornworm, and more. See product label under MSDS tab for a more complete list.
You should apply Azera as soon as insects first appear. Do not wait until plants are heavily infested.
Azera may be applied using any powered or manual pesticide application equipment including high volume, low volume, ultra-low volume, electrostatic, fogging and chemigation.
- The most commonly used rate of application is 1 quart per acre (32 fl. oz. = 946 ml.)
- The rates for treating high populations of adults and/or hard to kill insects are 3 pints per acre (48 fl. oz. = 1.42 L) or 3.5 pints per acre (56 fl. oz. =1.66 L.).
- Apply Azera in sufficient spray volume with adequate spray pressure to ensure complete and thorough coverage of all plant surfaces including both the top and bottom of leaves.
- Do not wet plants to the point of runoff or drip.
- Do not apply when wind speed favors drift beyond the area intended for treatment.
- When pest pressure is extreme or plant canopy is dense, use higher rates and do no reapply with 24 hours.
- If possible, apply in the early morning or evening hours. The reduced UV exposure and lower temperatures will increase the performance and reduce the impact on pollinators.
Soil Drench Applications:
- Apply Azera in sufficient water and for sufficient duration so as to distribute the application rate evenly to the entire treated area.
- Apply to moderately moist soil.
- Use volumes that thoroughly wet the soil but do not cause significant surface runoff or excessive drip from pots.
Apply this product only through sprinkler (including center pivot, lateral move, end tow, side [wheel] roll, traveler, big gun, solid set or hand move) irrigation systems. Do not apply this product through any other type of irrigation system. For more complete information on the use of this product in chemigation systems, please see manufacturer's label under the MSDS tab.
Photoxicity: Azera has been evaluated for phototoxicity on a wide range of plants. However, since testing on all varieties of plants is not feasible, nor is testing of all possible combinations or sequences of pesticide sprays, including fertilizers, surfactants and adjuvants. Before making tank mix combinations with Azera, or before making widespread applications, it is recommended to treat a limited number of plants and observe for phototoxicity over a 10-day period. It is further recommended that spray equipment used to apply Azera be thoroughly cleaned before use.
Storage: Do not use or store near open flame. Store in a cool, dry place away from heat or open flame in an area that is inaccessible to children and animals.
Warning & Toxicities: This product is combustible. Do not use or store near open flame. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with plenty of soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Wear protective eyewear. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Wear long-sleeved shirt and long pants, socks, shoes and chemical-resistant gloves.
This product is hazardous to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. This product may contaminate water through runoff and has the potential for runoff for several weeks after application. Poorly draining soils and soils with shallow water tables are more prone to produce runoff that contains this product. Do not apply this product directly to water, to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate. This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are actively visiting the treatment area.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Pyrethrins, a botanical insecticide…….1.40%
Contains 0.10 lb. of Azadrachtin and 0.11 lb. of Pyrethrins per gallon.
OMRI certified for Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control and USDA National Organic Program (NOP) Compliant.