AzaSol provides exceptional control against a very wide range of insect pests on trees and on crops grown indoors and outdoors. When used as directed, it will kill targeted insects when they come in contact with the spray or feed on sprayed plants. It is also a potent insect repellent, so many insect pests will avoid sprayed plants all together. AzaSol interrupts the life cycle of insects, preventing future generations from developing, and is effective against adult, larvae and pupae.
- OMRI listed for organic production.
- No oil base limits phytotoxicity meaning it won't burn leaves.
- Can be injected in trees for quick uptake and protection.
- Is clear when applied so it won't discolor plant parts.
- Can be applied up to the day of harvest. 0-day PHI.
- Anti-feedant, growth regulator, anti-ovipositor and insect repellent
The active ingredient in this broad spectrum insecticide, Azadirachtin
, is derived from the neem tree (Azadirachta indica
). Using a patented production process, oil from the tree's seeds (neem oil
) is refined into a yellowish-white, water-soluble amorphous powder suitable for spraying. This powder quickly dissolves in water and won't clog equipment or leave an oily residue on plants.
Suggested Uses: For use indoors and outdoors on plants in nurseries, greenhouses, interiorscapes and mushroom houses to destroy a wide variety of targeted insects on food crops, trees, turfgrass, ornamentals and landscape plants.
Application Rates: AzaSol rates specify dry ounce weight/acre for high rate applications and teaspoon (tsp) or tablespoon (tbsp)/1,000 sq. ft. for low rate applications.
- High Rate - 6 oz/50 gal water/acre (6 oz. is approximately 170 tsp/50 gal water/acre) or approximately 4 tsp/1,000 sq. ft. – Recommended for difficult to manage pests or high infestations.
- Medium Rate - 2-3 tsp/1,000 sq. ft. – Recommended for most treatments and for preventative treatments on medium infestations when pests are present.
- Low Rate - 1 tsp/1 gal of water/1,000 sq. ft. (1 tsp is approximately 44 tsp/44 gal water/acre) – Recommended for preventative treatments before signs of infestation.
Dose rates above are not for use in CA. Please contact your local agriculture agent for specifics regarding your area if you are in CA. For further information to help determine the appropriate use rate for your site/pest combination, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the "DOCS" tab.Shop all Arborjet products here
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Use to control and kill, Aphids (Aphidoidea), Beetle larvae, Borer larvae, Caterpillars, Fly larvae, Greenhouse Whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum), (Aleyrodoidea) Leafminers, Mealybugs, Nymphs and young instars of Mole Crickets (Gryllotalpidae), Mushroom Flies, Phorid flies (Phoridae), nymphs of Plant Bugs, Psyllids (Psyllidae), larvae of Sawflies (Symphyta), Scale Insect Crawlers (Coccoidea) Thrips (Thysanoptera), Whiteflies, Weevils (Curculionoidea), pests of turf grasses and many more.
Apply AzaSol as a foliar spray or a drench to soil or soil-less media (e.g. greenhouses and mushroom houses) to control insects and nematodes.
For optimum results, 2-3 applications made at 7-10 day intervals is recommended, unless otherwise specified.
- To apply AzaSol, select a suitable power or pump pressure type sprayer or a hand held trigger type sprayer that will deliver a forceful, fine wetting spray mist that can adequately cover leaves and fruit. These types of equipment include but are not restricted to high-volume, low-volume, ultra-low volume, electrostatic, fogging and chemigation.
- Foliar applications should be made to both sides of the leaves.
- To get more thorough foliage and insect coverage (and, thus, control) on waxy or pubescent plant surfaces, a small amount of a suitable sticker agent may be added to the spray mix. The addition of a sticker agent may improve overall product performance on any plant. Add sticker to the spray mix at the manufacturer's recommended rate.
- Drench soil to control soil-borne pests, including soil-borne larvae of foliar insect pests. When applying as a drench, avoid excessive leaching.
- Can be applied through sub-surface soil treatment equipment (e.g. for turf grass).
- To repel adult flies, apply through fogging equipment.
For more instructions on specific insects and use site applications/types of application, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the "DOCS" tab.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Do not store this product above 100°F or below 20°F for extended periods of time. Store product in the original labeled container in a cool, dry, locked place out of reach of children. Keep container tightly closed when not in use.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children. HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco. Avoid breathing spray mist. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
Environmental Hazards: This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. For terrestrial uses - do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift from treated areas. Runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash waters.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Write a review
Indoor gardener 63028
Oct 22, 2023 | By Ian Coyle
This stuff is awesome!
Aug 29, 2023 | By David
This stuff really works for Japanese Beetles!
Jul 9, 2020 | By Janis Russell
Apr 29, 2020 | By Josh Houle