- Shipping Info
Identify & photograph your garden pests in high resolution!
The Active Eye Universal Phone Microscope allows you to convert your cell phone camera into a microscope. Its portable and convenient design attaches quickly and easily to your phone for on-the-spot viewing. This allows you to detect and identify what's bugging your plants. Once located, simply snap a picture with your phone and save for future reference, record keeping, additional research or sharing.
Active Eye 60X Universal Phone Microscope features:
- 60X magnification ideal for most pest and disease detection.
- Works for any task that requires a clear, close-up view (such as watch or jewelry repair).
- Bright LED light that gives you ideal lighting in almost any lighting conditions.
- A UV LED light that works well for currency authentication and photosensitive plants.
- An impact resistant case for those inevitable drops.
Installation and Use With a Mobile Phone -
- Attach the universal clip-type microscope onto your mobile phone, centering the microscope's eye lens over the mobile phone's camera lens.
- Turn the light switch to the "on" position by turning the arrow on the battery cover so that it is aligned with the light icon (which looks like a light bulb emitting three rays of light).
- Start your mobile phone's camera and then position the object lens so that it is touching the sample or object that you want to inspect and/or photograph.
- Adjust the focusing barrel by pulling up or down until the object or area you would like to inspect/photograph comes into focus and is well-lit and clearly magnified.
- If a photograph is desired, activate your mobile phone's camera by tapping the display (or whatever method your phone requires to take a photograph).
Operating the Microscope Without a Phone –
- Remove the clip from the microscope/light assembly by unscrewing the microscope counterclockwise.
- Put sample or object to be magnified down on a flat surface, if possible.
- Position the microscope's object lens so that it is immediately over and touching the sample (if needed, turn on the microscope's light).
- Adjust focus as needed by sliding the focusing barrel up and down until the image is focused.
Changing the Batteries:
- The batteries are located in the cylinder that houses the LED lights.
- To remove the batteries, align the arrow on the cover with the dot icon on the cylinder (the one furthest from the $ icon indicating the currency detecting lamp). The cover will come off.
- Remove the old LR1130 batteries and replace them with new LR1130 batteries, positioning them with the "+" side (the side with information etchings) facing upward and the "-"side (the plain side) facing downward.
- Replace the battery cover with the arrow pointing to the dot icon on the cylinder, then press the battery cover down slightly and rotate it clockwise so that the arrow points to the off ("O") icon.
Suggested Uses: Can be used in gardening and plant health examinations to detect and identify pests and diseases. Can also be used for other tasks requiring a clear view of very small items, such as watch and jewelry repair. The UV light on this device is an excellent tool to detect counterfeits for currency authentication.
What's In The Package: 60X microscope with UV and LED lights, three LR1130 batteries, a protective pouch, a Quick ID Chart of the 7 Most Common Pest & Disease Issues and illustrated instructions in English, Spanish and French.